• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Great run for northern half of NE.  Past few runs have been moving in that direction. I hope the trend continues. I love the lagging and separation of the s/w deep down in TX from the northern stream day 4.5.  But I'd like to see a little less phasing with the follow up trof swinging through the mountain west right behind it. I still think this is probably a Lakes cutter. But this makes it slightly more interesting to track.

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

At least not a cutter. 

Hard to buy the GFS until the CMC and Euro stop showing disasters. 

Yeah I here you.  Thing is… Each model is playing into their own biases right now which is typical of this range right in the middle range right there.

The GFS is probably gonna be the first one to latch onto splitting the streams busting open affairs and turning it into a shred  mess like this while the euro and Gspot tend to curve all flows in that range, Which tends them to hold these things together longer lifting bombs up into confluence 

Eu and G hold on too long

GFS may bust open the ravioli too quick 

The head game is at either could be right or somewhere in between usually

• Like 2

Keep in mind ... The CMC has a boundary layer warm biases at that range.

Synoptically that’s going to have a 30 to 35 knot tuck jet funneling East of the White Mountains clear to Hartford Connecticut and that set up no question that’s all ice in the interior there

...as far as Northern New England yeah probably snow and bullets mixed in the northern 1/4 of that shield 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We’ll see.... swfe usually dump a decent burst of snow here before mix.... but there isn’t much cold air to work with here at all. 

It may be a tougher task down your way but we are getting into the time frame here where we can score on a marginal air mass..