Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No one in here is completely objective, obviously.  Don't have to delve deeply into any philosophy to see that no human being observing "reality" truly is. We're all perceiving, subsequently then evincing those perceptions along some tolerated spectrum of lesser lucidity.

Having mused that, ... this engagement ?  Ho my ... it has less to do with "analysis" of weather - but weather is just vehicle for affixing drama .. getting a 'kick' high - and when it is model dependent... It's not real.. artificial. 

... short of experiencing that high, this becomes 'group support' - which is the real destination. Perhaps in some way that can be construed as "an analyst"  - lol.

I see where Scott's coming from in that arena.  We've just been dealt a pretty significant 'personal' blow as winter Currier&Ives enthusiasts.  He's smart ... he sets his coffee down and looks at some shit from over night and the first thing that pops to mind is, 'oh god here we go'   and it pisses him off...  Why? 

Not because someone spiked his 'Nog with vinegar - it's because it's a collective "soft" delusion ...  People/J.Q. User and the tenor demos the delusion is being formulated, ...given time, solidification of that delusion into thinking it is real... 

Chris' pot-shot said it perfectly in snark the other day - and it was funny, because it was essentially true: '...people in here are more interested in a D7 storm on the models than they are seeing snow in air'     

This  was never intended to be what/why these environmental prognostic tools were ever invented - it's an emergent aspect of the Internet era.  I mean ..try to imagine your world 20 years ago, if you are old enough to have been cognizant of pre-Internet.  But I digress -

Scoots angry when saw EPS. No doubt 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. What is going on in here?

When someone melts on Scooter for having a melt is it truly considered a melt?

People are passionate. Many here root for snowy winter scenarios. Nothing wrong with that. Scott is being sensible and cautious, Which makes sense.  He is right about people getting overly amped up about certain outlooks only for it to seemingly ruin their day when it doesn't work out.

I should talk, as I have been one of the biggest melt-downers in the past, as the snow blower death post has shown.

Take it in stride, folks. Take it in stride.

That's a double melt, still waiting for the very rare triple melt

• Haha 1

Hours of ZR depicted here with a pretty stout cold wedge at the surface north and east of the White Mountains.

Hopefully the low tracks a little further south like the 6z was showing so it can be more snow than ice. But this still beats the hell out of 55 and heavy rain.

Let's see if the GGEM and Euro keep looking better. 

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Somebody piss in your eggnog? All i see is some in here discussing the possibilities rather then closing the blinds on another full blown cutter to Hudson Bay, The air mass once again is marginal but i mentioned it yesterday as some of these OP models had a flatter look that this could end up being a SWFE if it works out, Going to need to continue to see more changes and ensembles get onboard.

Years and years of reading the weenies forecasting with their hearts has finally broken Scooter.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Quite thin up there and not much riding going on.

Nope...they got wiped out Friday.  Picked up a few new yesterday, so at least it’s white, and it’s cold(17 degrees currently) but extremely boney to say the least. need a solid foot plus to get back in the game.  

They may get some tomorrow and then the 31st/1st deal may help out too?  Let’s hope.  

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hours of ZR depicted here with a pretty stout cold wedge at the surface north and east of the White Mountains.

Hopefully the low tracks a little further south like the 6z was showing so it can be more snow than ice. But this still beats the hell out of 55 and heavy rain.

Let's see if the GGEM and Euro keep looking better. 

Congrats

zr_acc.us_ne.png

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nope...they got wiped out Friday.  Picked up a few new yesterday, so at least it’s white, and it’s cold(17 degrees currently) but extremely boney to say the least. need a solid foot plus to get back in the game.  

They may get some tomorrow and then the 31st/1st deal may help out too?  Let’s hope.  

A few inches on the backside of our cutter up there, A buddy of mine was up in PQI yesterday and i saw some pics, They will get some tomorrow, And there in better shape in the late week one there too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The melts were weenies bitching about snow and cold and hoping for colder outcomes. Me, I just sit here smiling  like the fat kid on "Stand by Me" watching everyone puke on themselves.

BS

Come down off your throne and leave the weenies alone
Somebody has the key....

• Haha 1