Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Who said anything at all about that? I have never seen someone get so defensive when people talk about about models and alternative outputs. Chill

Because people are delusional. Other than the GFS, I don't see much hope for colder outcomes especially down here, but even CNE perhaps. Maybe a little frozen on the front end? I dunno...I feel like the Grinch storm made everyone insane. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Because people are delusional. Other than the GFS, I don't see much hope for colder outcomes especially down here, but even CNE perhaps. Maybe a little frozen on the front end? I dunno...I feel like the Grinch storm made everyone insane. 

Well just talking about the CMC GFS UKMET ICON outputs isn't a crime. They sense a colder scenario.  Day 5 is a long way out. With Ens not on board its unlikely today but stay frigging tuned with an open mind is all we say

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well just talking about the CMC GFS UKMET ICON outputs isn't a crime. They sense a colder scenario.  Day 5 is a long way out. With Ens not on board its unlikely today but stay frigging tuned with an open mind is all we say

Because weenies end up getting their hopes up and then whine incessantly when it doesn't go their way. Look at the last two days. Place is unreadable. I almost feel bad as it seemed the Grinch storm took precedence over the Christmas Holiday itself with some people. A shame.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Because weenies end up getting their hopes up and then whine incessantly when it doesn't go their way. Look at the last two days. Place is unreadable. I almost feel bad as it seemed the Grinch storm took precedence over the Christmas Holiday itself with some people. A shame.

Lol pretty sure no one is worked up other than you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

DT video on his Twitter feed is a good overview.  Kinda simple for the Mets but easy to understand 

Hard to go bullish on wintry wx until euro looks better. Most other guidance is coming on board though (Ukie/GFS/GGEM) with icing to at least interior CNE if not northern SNE. 

Problem is the euro is still holding a lot of that energy back and consolidating it allowing the storm to wind up to the west after the northern stream clears out. May or may not be its old bias in effect...but we’ll see. 

2 minutes ago, REH said:

Huh? I had a wonderful Christmas. You are the one that seems miserable on here. You must be a joy at parties 

I don't think there is a Christian person in here who placed snow over the holiday or a non Christian either.  Some weird accusations flying this morning.  Hangovers r us?

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

So you are saying Walt’s post was delusional? He backed it up with several models that do show it , as well as science 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Ukie looks like it would be really nice based on the precip maps at least. 

I wonder how many people on the board get mildly discouraged everytime Phin (or freak) say something looks 'really nice'.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well this is a horse of a different color. Colder yet

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

snod.us_ne.png

What am I missing here?  It shows much higher accumulations in SNH than by 1:00pm on Friday.  By 1:00pm Saturday, the snow depth in MA not only exceeds that of SNH, but the amounts in SNH drop significantly.

What am I missing?  If I'm reading it correctly, I guess we toss.

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Surprised you’re using the old FV3. 

In any given situation, use  whatever shows an iota of damage possibility.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you are saying Walt’s post was delusional? He backed it up with several models that do show it , as well as science 

Lots to consider here going forward.  The Euro is still amped but showing a completely different solution than just yesterday.  Models are struggling with this pattern. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lots to consider here going forward.  The Euro is still amped but showing a completely different solution than just yesterday.  Models are struggling with this pattern. 

We’ll want to see the northern stream clear pretty far south ahead of the southern stream to have significant winter wx into SNE I think. Need the high to build in a real airmass otherwise it’s probably not enough down here. Having deeper cold push would help NNE get more snow too which they need badly. 

Just now, REH said:

Not at all. I just enjoy discussing weather which is what this board is for. 

The twitter comment was to Anthony who unfortunately sees all the nonsense posted from people who just throw crap out there. Social media can be great, but there is a lot of nonsense out there.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We’ll want to see the northern stream clear pretty far south ahead of the southern stream to have significant winter wx into SNE I think. Need the high to build in a real airmass otherwise it’s probably not enough down here. Having deeper cold push would help NNE get more snow too which they need badly. 

Totally rooting for NNE for sure. People need outlets and skiing is probably the safest "crowd" outlet there is. Seems Killington and Sugarloaf made a little comeback off the disaster. Mountains are a different animal

20201227_082550.jpg

20201227_082558.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, REH said:

I don’t follow Twitter. Too much crap and hype. Honestly I agree with you that NYD except for NNE is probably a cold rain, which is far different than the warm rain the models were showing just 24 hours ago. But rain is rain. I think we have to wait until January 10th and after for a better pattern to take hold. Until then I think crap wins out 

Yes sir 

• Like 1