Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can't have the inmates run the asylum. :lol:  Hey maybe someone gets ice. Yay. Still jack crap up north overall. 

You keep it real most all of the time(I certainly appreciate that).

Although, I think at times, you take your frustration with the pattern out on the other folks, that are just talking about modeling that shows a colder idea. And then you disguise your negative frustration as being objective, and keeping it real, when modeling is clearly trending away from the big warm cutter idea.  That seems to be your defense mechanism at times, and it seems to be happening to a degree now.  I don’t think anybody is expecting a big frozen event in SNE yet.  At least they shouldn’t be.  

Just my observation that I’ve seen you do this on occasion.  Doesn’t make you a bad MET,  just human.   And Don't worry about the die hard weenies...they’re on their own.  They’ll learn the hard way.  

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

You keep it real most all of the time(I certainly appreciate that).

Although, I think at times, you take your frustration with the pattern out on the other folks, that are just talking about modeling that shows a colder idea. And then you disguise your negative frustration as being objective, and keeping it real, when modeling is clearly trending away from the big warm cutter idea.  That seems to be your defense mechanism at times, and it seems to be happening to a degree now.  I don’t think anybody is expecting a big frozen event in SNE yet.  At least they shouldn’t be.  

Just my observation that I’ve seen you do this on occasion.  Doesn’t make you a bad MET,  just human.   And Don't worry about the die hard weenies...they’re on their own.  They’ll learn the hard way.  

I don't have any ill will or frustration, it's been clear for days. What does bother me are the posts that try to make things a little more rosy than they are, only to have people complain when it doesn't work out. There is no doubt some push back from people who don't like the hear all positive posts all the time. On the bright side, if it's mild I can continue to hang outside and see people who I haven't seen in awhile. I don't disguise anything, but it is frustrating when people choose to ignore reality and find their winter pacifier to hang onto. 

But that's fine, if people are happier that way, so be it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't have any ill will or frustration, it's been clear for days. What does bother me are the posts that try to make things a little more rosy than they are, only to have people complain when it doesn't work out. There is no doubt some push back from people who don't like the hear all positive posts all the time. On the bright side, if it's mild I can continue to hang outside and see people who I haven't seen in awhile. I don't disguise anything, but it is frustrating when people choose to ignore reality and find their winter pacifier to hang onto. 

We want you to tell us sweet, sweet lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Fair enough.  Was just my observation.  I value your opinions and input.  

For me, I’m just hoping the north country can cash in on some frozen precip, rather than a 55 degree cutter again.  

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Little lies? Good tune actually. Hope you get something interesting. 

If I could run the model
In time, then I'd rearrange
Just a degree or two
Close my, close my, close my laptop
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for some ice
To believe in the GGEM
Tell me, tell me, tell me lies

Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no, you can't disguise
(You can't disguise, no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

If I could run the model
In time, then I'd rearrange
Just a degree or two
Close my, close my, close my laptop
But I couldn't find a way
So I'll settle for some ice
To believe in the GGEM

Tell me lies
(Tell me lies, tell me, tell me lies)
Oh, no, no, you can't disguise
(You can't disguise, no, you can't disguise)
Tell me lies

:lol:   You are fitting in nicely here. 

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Off the Tusk Album, Still have it but nothing to play it on............:(

Although I'm not making ski plans
I hope that you understand
There's a reason why
Close your, close your, close your blinds

No more broken shovels
We're better off with grass
Let's give it a try

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Her and Christine Mcvie had it going on back then.

Very true story. Providence Civic Center. Fleetwood Mac. I walked backstage, walked into their dressing room, sat down next to Stevie Nick's like I belonged there. Casually eventually got up and left. No one said a word about me being there. They were warming up their voices. Good lord she was even hotter in person.Coolest thing I ever did.

• Like 4

Posts like Walt’s this morning are perfect. They offer optimism backed by science, but also leave room that the outcome may not be exactly as desired. It shows both sides abs how how both outcomes can happen and at 5 days out have equal weight. Right now there’s a very chance of snow up north and ice in SNE away from coast. There’s also a chance things trend less wintry and he laid that out nicely. It shouldn’t be look for negatives and what could go wrong . It should be opposite of that, but mention it as an option .

• Haha 2

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Very true story. Providence Civic Center. Fleetwood Mac. I walked backstage, walked into their dressing room, sat down next to Stevie Nick's like I belonged there. Casually eventually got up and left. No one said a word about me being there. They were warming up their voices. Good lord she was even hotter in person.Coolest thing I ever did.

Yeah, She was smokin.