• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

In deference to the Euro run.....  Yeeeeeah ... unfortunately, at risk of bundamentalism ... I don't think that can happen at 2-5" of snow relative to what that particular guidance shows... nope. That needs a correction. Negative tilted --> closure, and then shedding 12+ DAM of core heights as it is bundling up and passing over head pretty much can't happen without thundersnow and rates consistent with...

If we get into a CSI/convective rangle ...  no "snow map" is gonna narrow that down. You'll end up with 4 to 6" per hour rates somewhere that doesn't deserve like Kevin... Even at 9::1 blue snow, you'll choke the vis down to 1/16th of mile with blue flashes flaring through window panes followed by rattling rafters.  Sorry for the rhetoric but that is excessive instability signal there.  

Just now, PhineasC said:

My main storm tracking rig is loaded with Windows ME and 128MB of RAM. I get the models pretty quickly, I must say. 

ah Windows ME, the most hated of all operating systems. The screen is blue more often than not. 

Well i got Windows 2.0 with 128KB of RAM and a 286 processor. But its the 80s, so i wont have any storms to track.

Congrats on the move to the Northeast btw, im sure you missed the snow and are very happy about that.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

ah Windows ME, the most hated of all operating systems. The screen is blue more often than not. 

Well i got Windows 2.0 with 128KB of RAM and a 286 processor. But its the 80s, so i wont have any storms to track.

Congrats on the move to the Northeast btw, im sure you missed the snow and are very happy about that.

LOL yeah thanks. I want my Euro 2 feet! :)  

Here ... 'nother words, read this paragraph:

"Forecasting such convective snow events is made even more difficult by the meso-β scale banding (with halfwidths of approximately 100 km) that is usually observed in these events. Moore & Blakely (1988), Weismuller & Zubrick (1998), Nicosia & Grumm (1999), and Martin (1998a, 1998b) have all presented case studies in which meso-β bands of heavy snowfall fell in regions of otherwise light to moderate snowfall, likely in the presence of either potential instability (PI), conditional symmetric instability (CSI), or weak conditional symmetric stability (CSS). PI is a state of the atmosphere where a lifted layer achieves a statically unstable lapse rate, resulting in upright convection."

it   =   the Euro run at 12z from about Willamantic CT to Bangor ME

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think a total whiff is still a very viable option. Need to see the GFS come back west at 18z. Euro looks good now but it has been headed east each run. 00z last night took the low west of me. 

Blend them both and a lot will be happy except the coastal dwellers.

Just now, PhineasC said:

I agree, I just hope they aren’t both just still marching eastwards. Ukie came west from 00z so that is hopeful. 

As long as we can hold on to the bowling ball down south, It looks like we will get the help from the northern stream, Just a matter of where H5 closes off.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like we three threads  now...   

The December monthly discussion focus -

The storm specific thread now 84 or so hours -

The Best Buy nerd squad thread where one would rather have a spalling bullet molecularly transported into their brain box -

Are we officially safe from a Wiz low topped squall line thread?

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like we three threads  now...   

The December monthly discussion focus -

The storm specific thread now 84 or so hours -

The Best Buy nerd squad thread where one would rather have a spalling bullet molecularly transported into their brain box -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SAFC4_KbW0

Jesus, that 12z Euro is really borderline close to a condo collapser here. I've been in hibernation but that woke me up. I need an early season storm like I need a hole in the head. Want to keep the ground dry and ice free as long as possible in this hell that is 2020. Thankfully it likely won't work out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2