Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, klw said:

I know it is odd but in 20ish seasons, VT I have never gotten a storm give me over 20 inches.  In this house 4 years,  we have topped out at 19 inches.  Granted that was within 4 days of another 18 inch storm.  In Peacham for 7 seasons but we never topped 18 inches and we were prone to occasional shadowing from the Whites.  Sure a couple of times I had measurable snow for 15+ straight days but most of the time it was snow globe events that only added up due to their frequency. 

Biggest storms I have been in topped out about 22 or 23 inches in CNJ in 83 and 96.  I didn't keep records from when I lived in C VT from 92 to 02 but my memory does not have me topping 20 inches.  In 3/93 for instance, we got 17" .

With the NAM, it has me at 13'" at 84 hrs but cranking and the downstream numbers would indicate that we would get much more in the 12 hours after.

It is moot but, yeah, I don't think I have ever topped 23 inches.  Most winters, however, a SREF plume will give me 40+ at some point- if only.

Where were you for VDay 2007?  I had close to 3' here in Barre