Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2020 Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Lucky around here 3.02 this week. Lawn stayed green through the September dry stretch, also had 1” in early September fall, then I watered manually every other day with WiFi timers and 4 sprinklers, also overseeded 3 weeks ago.  Here’s what she looks like.  Edit : can’t upload my image from my iPhone? imageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486c

CBBF5BFF-9061-4640-9A22-9DDD16B16147.jpeg

DIT is now sobbing in the corner.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Shook

You promised a rainy pattern.  We ain't seen shit and it's going to shit.

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But who cares at this point. It’s October.

Many do.  Water tables, reservoirs and wells running low are not good.

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh, I agree. I would take sunny and 60s until Thanksgiving.

Driest year for TAN to date.  25.10", beating out 2016 now by almost a full 1".

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You promised a rainy pattern.  We ain't seen shit and it's going to shit.

Many do.  Water tables, reservoirs and wells running low are not good.

Driest year for TAN to date.  25.10", beating out 2016 now by almost a full 1".

Many have, some have missed out. Just how it goes. 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

49°/49° at the nearest PWS  0.29.  They are on the other side if the hill from me but that seems about right.

Yeah amounts look very evenly spread between 0.2-0.4"...a couple spots a touch higher in E.VT... mostly what you'd expect from synoptic mid-level lift. 

But now we have some convective looking stuff about to plow into BTV and heading this way.  Might be able to add a bit to the totals.

WUNIDS_map.gif.3877c91009ce3b5cf4e9162c07485f61.gif

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Angry mob of Steins coming for you.

I know if it's not in their back yard they'll be mad. Truth be told, the Monday storm will not be as widespread because the flow is a little more progressive. But a large chunk of New England got a good drink despite the calls of no rain etc. Even here, we are sort of Stein'd, but it's October. Don't care much now. 

3 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Bob got me to thinking and just checked. Using KMHT because I know KASH's bucket wasn't working for a while. 

Year-to-Date: 20.80"

Normal Year-to-Date: 33.35" (down 12.55")

Really the deficit is primarily since April 1....down 10.24" since then.

With the Euro showing a grand total of 0.12" for next 7.

Embrace it.  This has been the inverse of epicosity.  The hot hand is with dry conditions continuing until further notice.  Gonna go home and throw on some Sarah McLachlan. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know if it's not in their back yard they'll be mad. Truth be told, the Monday storm will not be as widespread because the flow is a little more progressive. But a large chunk of New England got a good drink despite the calls of no rain etc. Even here, we are sort of Stein'd, but it's October. Don't care much now. 

You said it would get wet and it got pretty wet here, ha.  So I'll give you the "W" for the win.

I mean, at least being dry means a lot of nice days.  Not like it would be snow so who cares, get outside and enjoy never being interrupted by rain.

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Embrace it.  This has been the inverse of epicosity.  The hot hand is with dry conditions continuing until further notice.  Gonna go home and throw on some Sarah McLachlan. 

For fun. Since moving into my house August of last year, I'm currently down 19.44" of water. Makes me feel a bit better about my crappy grass.

15 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Bob got me to thinking and just checked. Using KMHT because I know KASH's bucket wasn't working for a while. 

Year-to-Date: 20.80"

Normal Year-to-Date: 33.35" (down 12.55")

Really the deficit is primarily since April 1....down 10.24" since then.

With the Euro showing a grand total of 0.12" for next 7.

Massabesic, ASH and Hampstead coops are all 24-26". Hudson is 29". Airport seems low, but its still well below normal elsewhere

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah amounts look very evenly spread between 0.2-0.4"...a couple spots a touch higher in E.VT... mostly what you'd expect from synoptic mid-level lift. 

But now we have some convective looking stuff about to plow into BTV and heading this way.  Might be able to add a bit to the totals.

WUNIDS_map.gif.3877c91009ce3b5cf4e9162c07485f61.gif

Whiteface said that was snow on the summit

5 hours ago, qg_omega said:

Whiteface said that was snow on the summit

Yeah I don't doubt it.  They were very close up there all day at almost 5,000ft.

Torrential rain here on the county line at the base of Mansfield right now.  Just sideways pouring.  I bet there are some mangled flakes just above the summit level.

WUNIDS_map.gif.90371cdeb8f5b27176f35598c35f4222.gif