• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fujiwara79
    Newest Member
    fujiwara79

July Discobs 2020

Seems like one built right on top of me. Quite the T&L action in upper NW currently. Substantially better than yesterday but with less wind. Third day in a row with a good storm, each one with different strengths.

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

It’s a little close but looks like Nats Park should remain clear for the game

I’m seeing CG lightning to the east. Wouldn’t surprise me if the nats game catches a delay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Seems like one built right on top of me. Quite the T&L action in upper NW currently. Substantially better than yesterday but with less wind. Third day in a row with a good storm, each one with different strengths.

I can see a substantial increase in lightning off to the East, almost like a supercell is forming tbh. I got fringed but that's ok. Yesterday was primo

16 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

From Tuesday.  This week is great.  Raining and thunder again.

Yep this could repeat all the rest of the summer and I’d be as happy as a dog who,d just dug up a bone he buried months before. Good way to forget about COVID.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poolz1 said:

Crazy how my slightly southern lat resulted in a fraction of your totals. I was caught in the middle. Today produced though. Rough estimate looking at the rain gage.... 1.25" or so. Gardens are pleased finally...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I read earlier that you had been largely missed the last couple of days.  Was happy when I checked radar leaving work to see that cell held together for you.

Moderate rain and lightning show happening now just south of Alexandria.  Enjoying it with a brew on my new covered front porch!

Lighting up the neighborhood. 81c7ddc371fc40f47cb52e3c8c1cc4c4.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I’m seeing CG lightning to the east. Wouldn’t surprise me if the nats game catches a delay 

Yeah I didn’t see that rapid development coming. Looks like they maybe can resume around 930-945 though perhaps. Still weak sauce for most of us lol

12 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

Moderate rain and lightning show happening now just south of Alexandria.  Enjoying it with a brew on my new covered front porch!

Covered porches are the best - have one too. Sat in the garage with my dad watching storms as a kid. The best times!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

So much lightning with this one....just nonstop rolling thunder and flashes. 

RadarScope is lit up like a Christmas Tree with lightning bolts.  Still rumbling back here

edit - stepped outside - it’s like a strobe light to my East. Jealous!

• Like 1

It would be hard to overstate the amount of lightning I’m seeing to my south from takoma park.  Saw some incredible gigantic Zeus bolts. 

This has brought the house down (figuratively) in a way that only happens a couple times a year usually.. Not only the close in strikes, which are always juiced by the transmission towers around here, but also the continual background roar of the thunder. I guess the big close in strikes are the melody and the continuous rumble in the distance is the harmony. But I’m not musical so that metaphor probably sucks. It’s a keeper regardless.

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

It would be hard to overstate the amount of lightning I’m seeing to my south from takoma park.  Saw some incredible gigantic Zeus bolts. 

Yes- nonstop lightning and thunder. This is a great storm for us