• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol

July Discobs 2020

Some gusty winds this afternoon with a couple of thundershowers moving through.  Davis gauge at 10m had speeds of 31 G 41 at one point.

Split a dead tree in half and dropped it in the yard.  Must have hit it just right.  0.28” in the bucket and hoping for more showers this evening.

Can hear rumbles from the cells in PA (Red Lion southwest into MD) 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Getting missed by 2 miles to the north by a cell. Could really use some rain.

The cell near Hanover?

Just moved out of downtown DC after nearly 10 years. Got a sweet little cape cod just south of Alexandria. Probably going to be a contributor to deck pics coming this winter (with or without snow)

Until then, enjoying this nice little thundershower. 179d8b5f04e9885ceccad697d80fc700.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

There was one straddling M/D line between Littlestown and Hanover 

Well, I feel your pain... 

19E7673D-D6A4-49A0-B4DC-47076CC34779.png

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

More storms!  Wooo!  Two day hot streak!!

Congrats!

• Like 1

The line trying to work east from Frederick appears to be gusting out. 

Got a great view of that MoCo cell. Looks like another cell or two developing to the N of it. Curious what that outflow does when they collide.

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Got a great view of that MoCo cell. Looks like another cell or two developing to the N of it. Curious what that outflow does when they collide.

Let’s hope when they hit, we get something firing.  Right now, not looking good for us. @osfan24 probably about ready to cliff dive. Lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Good for you!! I'm jealous of 1. the temps and 2. all the trips your taking (please kidnap me and take me with you next time)

You and the family would be welcome. Funny story, but we got here and start setting up camp and guess what we forgot? The tent! Raced to a local WalMart and got their last tent. Sleeps 10!  I was thinking we’d sell it after one use, but damn! It’s roomy AF! Even has a vestibule!

So, plenty of room!

24 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Let’s hope when they hit, we get something firing.  Right now, not looking good for us. @osfan24 probably about ready to cliff dive. Lol. 

I’ve heard some distant thunder. Looks like some cells initiating just to our west. Hopefully...

had a gusher earlier and seeing quite a light show the last 30 mins to the east, and recently a nice cg strike nearby.

Heck of a storm in takoma park, we’ve been getting hit quite a bit here this summer.  Nice for me cause I planted new sod this year.  

19 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You and the family would be welcome. Funny story, but we got here and start setting up camp and guess what we forgot? The tent! Raced to a local WalMart and got their last tent. Sleeps 10!  I was thinking we’d sell it after one use, but damn! It’s roomy AF! Even has a vestibule!

So, plenty of room!

Awesome! Enjoy! 

weather related: pouring rain, lots of T&L and crushed my personal best on the bike tonight. Hell yeah. 

• Like 1

Out walking the dog and something was forming over my head, some lightning a little too close for comfort so made a hasty return home. 

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

STW for me!

Sitting in the Costco parking lot. Getting crushed!!  This is awesome. 

• Like 3