• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW

July 2020 Discussion

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Haven't seen that much purple on a radar scan since the August 2007 Rome defoliator.   Just some rumbles here from a small but intense-looking cell, but the real action is up near the border country. 

RAP has that line near the border dropping SE thru here later.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One of the largest warned areas i have seen.......lol

image.png

And I'm about 2 miles north of the smaller area's NE corner - BAU (though we'll probably get something from the north edge of that cell.)

Just now, tamarack said:

And I'm about 2 miles north of the smaller area's NE corner - BAU (though we'll probably get something from the north edge of that cell.)

A few sprinkles is all i'm seeing, We will wait on that line for later to see if it will produce.

Looks like this could turn in to quite the active day. A lot of short term models are holding that line together right to the coast. Starting to see some broad rotation on this cell in Maine as well. 

9E94D497-F6BF-43B5-B8E7-13BBA2186A36.png

1ADF6184-3331-4714-B1C3-316FFEB00C04.png

Pretty healthy cell heading towards Wilton, Looks like some hail in that one with some rotation.

image1.png

That cell is growing a northerly arm - think it's time to shut down/unplug the computers.  Would not like having to explain why I allowed the State laptop to get fried.

7 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Looks like this could turn in to quite the active day. A lot of short term models are holding that line together right to the coast. Starting to see some broad rotation on this cell in Maine as well. 

9E94D497-F6BF-43B5-B8E7-13BBA2186A36.png

1ADF6184-3331-4714-B1C3-316FFEB00C04.png

Yeah, nice rotation on that cell.

AB4703E1-CE15-49C6-AB61-E5DC20FB33AC.thumb.jpeg.48e8e9c3645852907d5566abb55a3d99.jpeg

Constant thunder... some hail just north of here.  There is a very ominous line of darkness off to the north towards Jay Peak as viewed from the PicnicTables.  

You know it’s humid when all the rocks on Mansfield are just sweating with condensation.  All rocks are wet without rain, ha!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

That storm by Mechanicville is a beast

I think they said something similar to that on 5/31/98 too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That cell is growing a northerly arm - think it's time to shut down/unplug the computers.  Would not like having to explain why I allowed the State laptop to get fried.

Well, that "arm" dislocated at the elbow and we had 0.03", and a half hour of near-constant thunde0 (now fading to the SE), most to the south but some from the small piece that broke away and passed to the north.  No strikes close enough to see the flash in daylight so I could count off the miles, so probably all 4+ miles distant.  We'll see if our 2020 lightning shield can withstand the much bigger bunch coming from the NW.

Edit:  The warning area will probably extend to cover MBY, but right now there's a teeny bit of Franklin County in the "bird's mouth" between and outside of the now-connected warned areas, and our place is right in the middle of those 3 square miles.

Just heard a strike that might have been within 3 miles, closest of the year, and unless the line suddenly parts like the Red Sea we should get a good show.  Unplugging again...

Inbound.  

It is very dark to the NW and all the golf horns just went off.  The Vermont Amateur Championships are going on just on the other side of the little river.

FA055FDF-3779-48BD-8988-C14EE859F372.thumb.jpeg.0ee82cee91a1fbe1ec764920d5e8dabe.jpeg

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Surrounded

IMG_4258.PNG

That stuff sagged south pretty quickly.  Looks like we’re in for a soaking soon.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Looks good in about an hour of it holds together 

F63D8519-C62B-4C85-A007-DA86DA54FEB4.png

Not for us. Maybe we'll see a few leftover showers