• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sarthak Tiwary 1
    Newest Member
    Sarthak Tiwary 1

June Discobs 2020

43 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'm getting ready to call bust on the rain forecast.  

Was it supposed to rain? HRR hardly had anything. I'll be running sprinklers this evening because it doesn't look like much rain any time soon.

46 minutes ago, H2O said:

Roanoke and surrounding counties have gotta be at least double avg ytd rainfall...Just the upper low last month and this one has dropped  15 to 20 inches combined down in that area...Seems like there are flood warnings every few days down there..

54 minutes ago, H2O said:

LWX radar showing a decent uptick in returns between I-64 and I-66.  Lower S. MD and NOVA should be good for rain. Noth of there...naso much.

Had some wind driven drizzle earlier, and then a legit light shower.

.05" in the bucket!

Temp is 65. Looks and feels more like England in June.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

I have +-.90 in rain gauge since 7 am, and it is POURING, 1/2 of that has fell in last 45 minutes. I'm gonna add up what has fell since Saturday afternoon, BRB.......

Back, 3.79 (and increasing rapidly) since Saturday evening here, almost 5.5 inches for the month.  0.97/.98 in gauge now

9 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I have +-.90 in rain gauge since 7 am, and it is POURING, 1/2 of that has fell in last 45 minutes. I'm gonna add up what has fell since Saturday afternoon, BRB.......

Back, 3.79 (and increasing rapidly) since Saturday evening here, almost 5.5 inches for the month.  0.97/.98 in gauge now

.53 in gauge since Sat , all of that was last night... sounds like a rainforest developing in your yard the last couple of months....

2 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

.53 in gauge since Sat , all of that was last night... sounds like a rainforest developing in your yard the last couple of months....

More like a swamp lol!!

Just got home and its 75/64 ...so another stellar day . Not very humid at all imo. I'm very skeptical of any rain making up this way tonight.  We'll see. DC area should get a soakin though. 

Up to 68 here now. Still just mostly on and off drizzle. Probably wont see any appreciable rain until the warm front moves through and the air mass becomes more unstable.

Substantial rain coming down in S. Arlington. Just perfectly vertical rain. No wind or anything. It's like tropical, monsoon like rain. May have picked up more than .5 inches in the last 30 minutes.

I was just out in my driveway with an umbrella to check out how my new gutter guards are working with mod/hvy rain coming down.  Right as I am looking up at the roof, a CTG lightning bolt hits right where I'm looking.  The loud thundercrack was about a half second later, so maybe 500-ish feet away.  I moved real quick!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Rain on your doorstep...step away from the sprinkler :lol:

Yes a moderate shower here now. Sprinkler on stand down. :raining:

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Been riding the northern edge of the precip shield all afternoon but some welcome rainfall has finally made it to my garden.

Same. Got into a heavy 10 minute downpour and now some steady rain. I hope it keeps coming.