Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

30 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

SFM tickled the freezing point, but has rebounded nicely to 53F currently

We were about 32 as well, a bit of frost on the vehicles but nothing like yesterday's freeze.  The yo-yo... May 29:  84/66;  June 1:  56/27  I've never before seen such a radical temp change over 3 days during the warm season.

39 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like heat cancel in the long range. Too bad. Would be nice to get some HHH going. At least we'll have a torch Fall to make up for it with Nina. Margaritas on Thanksgiving.

Nah....cold, dry fall and winter from COVID reduced GHGs and smoke from riot fires.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like heat cancel in the long range. Too bad. Would be nice to get some HHH going. At least we'll have a torch Fall to make up for it with Nina. Margaritas on Thanksgiving.

I could go for some heat.  This wearing jeans and sweatshirts and a hat while walking the dog at 6:30 sucks.      Having a pool doesn't help me right now,

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Poor DIT....we tried to tell him.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Friday looks like it could be a sneaky torch day... pretty good above normal plume at 850mb fires in from the SW.  

B71A3B3C-E4B1-45E7-A4E7-6E0A22E749A9.thumb.png.1555eef1792a1ca9dfce9ad86acc3202.png

EC had 90+ in S NH/NE MA so idk about sneaky. GFS has not been as impressed with 2-3C cooler 850s.

I think we should just cancel severe season...what a freaking joke. Unless we get an active second half of summer but how often does that happen? The majority of our bigger events happen from like mid-to-late May into early July and we're almost at July. The only fun thing about the second half of summer is we can get some nasty nocturnal events but those kinda suck b/c you can't see cloud features. BUST :angry: 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I think we should just cancel severe season...what a freaking joke. Unless we get an active second half of summer but how often does that happen? The majority of our bigger events happen from like mid-to-late May into early July and we're almost at July. The only fun thing about the second half of summer is we can get some nasty nocturnal events but those kinda suck b/c you can't see cloud features. BUST :angry: 

This is basically a yearly repost for you.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Representative image of daytime severe season in New England:

image.png

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1