Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

19 minutes ago, weathafella said:

All the posts against the hot position in early June are weird.  We just went through a hot week and now after 3 days we have the rest of this week above normal.  Keep trying but I’m watching you...

You may be right, I just looked at our climo normals and the crazy few days of 85-95F heat skewed my mind as to what is climo right now.  

Our average max temp is only 70F... I was thinking it was upper 70s already lol...turns out lower 70s is above normal for first week of June.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, weathafella said:

All the posts against the hot position in early June are weird.  We just went through a hot week and now after 3 days we have the rest of this week above normal.  Keep trying but I’m watching you...

4 days makes a week? So  3 days BN 4AN  , 3 more this week BN so 6/10 BN. I watched

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

6-10 day EPS average departures at 850... that ridge in the Midwest isn’t going anywhere so Kev is going to get his heat at some point.  Might be like in the winter when a pattern change is delayed by a week but not denied.  

At some point that thing will probably roll into us. 

CECCB0F6-E9A0-457D-9F7C-CF234C52C123.thumb.png.9bbfc77493238565c356ebc29dddcb50.png

not necessarily ..,

not sure why the ridge in the west "means" that - but ...if you mean there is a 'supply' ?  okay - but ...I think it's just as plausible we shunt summer down this year and then have a cold snap and boner lube early snow threats that only smear out into more gradient speed shut down of winter...

global warming is f up the baseline pattern climatology and it's all new...and get persistent in that newness  ;)   how long before I'm not the only one admitting this.

btw ...there are noted Mets that are not on these social mediaspheres that already see it happening, too -

64F with full sun here at 3pm. That’s pretty crazy this time of the year. Just saw Rangeley is 45F lol. 

That wouldn’t be so funny if it was a backdoor or east flow cutoff...but NW flow at peak heating that is pretty impressive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not necessarily ..,

not sure why the ridge in the west "means" that - but ...if you mean there is a 'supply' ?  okay - but ...I think it's just as plausible we shunt summer down this year and then have a cold snap and boner lube early snow threats that only smear out into more gradient speed shut down of winter...

Maybe it’s supply, but I do subscribe to some of what Kevin talks about... history would say parts of that ridge make it to us at some point.  Maybe they are brief interludes before getting beaten back west again, but my money would be on it getting here at some point.  

Any time those lower heights in the Maritimes weaken, that ridge will try to roll in here...maybe over the top?  But I find it hard to believe those lower heights fight off that ridge all summer.

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

not necessarily ..,

global warming is f up the baseline pattern climatology and it's all new...and get persistent in that newness  ;)   how long before I'm not the only one admitting this.

btw ...there are noted Mets that are not on these social mediaspheres that already see it happening, too -

Going to a very hot summer in NE. Particularly the second half . And if the drought continues, that just feedback heat even more 

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

64F with full sun here at 3pm. That’s pretty crazy this time of the year. Just saw Rangeley is 45F lol. 

That wouldn’t be so funny if it was a backdoor or east flow cutoff...but NW flow at peak heating that is pretty impressive. 

SLK bouncing around between 43-45F all afternoon after setting the hottest temp for that ASOS in the last week, ha.

We just had some brief graupel mixed with rain down here.  Temp has fallen to 46F at my place.

May_31.jpg.4ba49825d102ad148a1a2444145ef89e.jpg

Mountain is seeing some snow... can see the visibility change up high where the shower changes to snow along the ridgeline.

100103815_10104200067932060_783193628374

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Going to a very hot summer in NE. Particularly the second half . And if the drought continues, that just feedback heat even more 

I'm not going to sit here and arrogantly intone as though I know that is not true... even though I don't think that happens - personally.

I don't care if I'm wrong, but this did this the last 5 years Kevin... We had a early eastern heat dome decay and it never came back... some years it was July 4...some years earlier, but there was permanent NW shearing axis that got established after early heat, and rendered the rest of the summers pedestrian... and no muscle was capable of changing the NW jet persistent flow through eastern Canada - when that happens... no.  sorry.

We'll see if this year bucks the trend, but, I admit to not knowing if this is just a local time-span statistical grouping ( noise-based random faux pattern) or if it's keyed into CC but I suspect the latter "to some degree" - sorry, had to on the pun

but here's the rub...we've been above normal despite ;)

The problem is perception versus numerology part company ...for a variety reason in the former.  But I don't wanna write a sermon no one reads so I'll leave it that.. Simplest terms? Heat haters have been lucky-ish... It could have been worse... The rest of the world has been warmer relative to norms than here.  Mm, 'relativity' ...gets ya every time. 

I've often thought it ironic... that the civilization of western/Industrial foundation most (probably) guilty of anthropomorphic GH terraforming, is being enabled NOT to see the extend of the damage the most - weird.  I think it's Gaia turning up the dial on the oven to the 'Clean' notch - which it can't do if the U.S. suffers enough to change it's profligate ways - so it protects us...and makes us think it's somewhere else ... muah haha

2 minutes ago, alex said:

Down to 35. Switched the HVAC from AC back to heat and wood stove is on. Bring back summer. 

June 20s for you.

40.7° here. I usually average about a 5° drop after midnight on rad nights so if we’re 36-37° by then I’ll be worried come morning.