Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 27 2020 late season snow event

wxeyeNH

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Man those forecast soundings around PWM are just stuck at 36 at the surface, but pretty chilly aloft. That 1000 ft deep warm layer is like so borderline depending on rates.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What is the reason gfs has trended 1-2c warmer at 925 than yesterday. Looks weaker ? And a touch north?

Yeah it's all rate dependent. If you aren't banked up on the east slopes near 1K...you better be slamming more than 0.5"+/6hrs. 

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Glad I didn't waste valuable time blogging for cat paws....this is why I wait until the last possible moment to invest in April potential. 

The potential is even going away up here.   GFS seems to be leading the way will see if Euro follows this afternoon.  My guess is it will

Watching another one get ripped out from under my feet. Wagons N and E of here as the dynamics and better saturation in DGZ appear to be heading that way. Mesos look almost a bit sleety and icy here too thanks to WAA aloft. Euro has a dry slot.

It's happened with pretty much every single friggin storm this winter save for the early December deal that had a big overachieving WCB on the first night of the event. Even the CCB part of that event largely missed this location. 

That said I still think I get some snow, but probably not enough to be of much consequence. Maybe 1-2" of slop? I guess I'll have to drain the remaining fuel in my snow blower...

7 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Watching another one get ripped out from under my feet. Wagons N and E of here as the dynamics and better saturation in DGZ appear to be heading that way. Mesos look almost a bit sleety and icy here too thanks to WAA aloft. Euro has a dry slot.

It's happened with pretty much every single friggin storm this winter save for the early December deal that had a big overachieving WCB on the first night of the event. Even the CCB part of that event largely missed this location. 

That said I still think I get some snow, but probably not enough to be of much consequence. Maybe 1-2" of slop? I guess I'll have to drain the remaining fuel in my snow blower...

I think you do better than 1-2"? I'll take the over. It probably will be a little nowcast like, but wouldn't shock me if you had a pause in  between the WCB and the CCB.

• Like 1