• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

March Discobs 2020

Looks like the showers here may be moving out. Picked up 0.21" so far. Wasn't really expecting much of anything.

Lots to do outside so hopefully we get some rapid clearing later this morning. Tomorrow looks like a great day, followed by a soaking rain for Monday.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looks like the showers here may be moving out. Picked up 0.21" so far. Wasn't really expecting much of anything.

Lots to do outside so hopefully we get some rapid clearing later this morning. Tomorrow looks like a great day, followed by a soaking rain for Monday.

Just about nothing over here. I also have a lot of yard work to get started on. I’ve been avoiding it because it’s time to do some major renovations.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Just about nothing over here. I also have a lot of yard work to get started on. I’ve been avoiding it because it’s time to do some major renovations.

Its been pretty wet here lately. Just about 2.5" for the month, and much of that over the last 10 days. Looks like an area wide 1 inch deal for Monday, then another possible event by Wed.

The seasonal wetland in the woods on the back part of my property was unseasonably dry 2 weeks ago. just a small puddle in one place. It is rapidly expanding now. Just ordered more larvicide. It looked for a while like I might just need to drop a few dunkers here and there. By the end of this week I will probably have to "seed" the whole area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its been pretty wet here lately. Just about 2.5" for the month, and much of that over the last 10 days. Looks like an area wide 1 inch deal for Monday, then another possible event by Wed.

The seasonal wetland in the woods on the back part of my property was unseasonably dry 2 weeks ago. just a small puddle in one place. It is rapidly expanding now. Just ordered more larvicide. It looked for a while like I might just need to drop a few dunkers here and there. By the end of this week I will probably have to "seed" the whole area.

About an inch behind you over this way for the month, though everything is greening up quickly. Yesterday had the feel, smell, and sneezing of a late April day. The wind today won’t help my allergies, but at least it’s cooler. 

34 here this morning. Probably one of the last "wintery" feeling days this season.

Already had an 80+ day. Still predicting we see 90 by mid April. :weenie:

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Got to 29 this morning.  Thought it might get colder actually. 

Currently 32/19

I’m wondering how far I would have to drive to see all snow for a few hours.

Raining here light to moderately this morning. temp is 40.

Heavy stuff just to my south and on the doorstep.

0.23" so far.

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Raining here light to moderately this morning. temp is 40.

Heavy stuff just to my south and on the doorstep.

0.23" so far.

Guidance has really dried this system out up this way the past day or so. originally 1 inch + then .5" now I bet only 1 to 2 tenths will be it .

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Guidance has really dried this system out up this way the past day or so. originally 1 inch + then .5" now I bet only 1 to 2 tenths will be it .

Yeah I have noticed that. Pouring here now. Looks like decent frontogenetic forcing sets up here and esp towards the coast with the developing coastal low.

It has been really wet here lately.

A couple weeks ago my "seasonal wetland" back in the woods was unusually dry. Water table has now broken the surface and it's expanding now. Gonna have to larvicide it as usual.

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yes. Went from a true soaker to just enough to be annoying. At least we fail at rain events also lol

4 hours ago, jewell2188 said:

Yes. Went from a true soaker to just enough to be annoying. At least we fail at rain events also lol

Seems like we’ve been underperforming on precip for the last 4-8 weeks. Not even quite 0.25” from the first batch here. Yesterday’s gfs and NAM at least we’re suggesting 0.5-1” areawide. Doubt we get another 0.25” this afternoon but we’ll see.

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems like we’ve been underperforming on precip for the last 4-8 weeks. Not even quite 0.25” from the first batch here. Yesterday’s gfs and NAM at least we’re suggesting 0.5-1” areawide. Doubt we get another 0.25” this afternoon but we’ll see.

Sitting at 1.71 for the month as of 7 am this morning. That isn't a ton, but I've had only 8 days dry and 6 of those were 9th or earlier. Lots of 0.04's, 0.02's, 0.07's but it still counts.Today's rain will push me over 2 inches. 

Looks like 0.76" is the total here unless something pops up this evening.

3.20" for the month. Its been pretty wet. Wish I could save some of this for July- when I will likely be struggling to save my grass, again.

Reading the AFD tonight makes me think we will be seeing alot of rain over the next few weeks... talks of potential flooding too.  Hope we can get some good storms as well

• Like 1

12z gfs has basically 0.0” of precip  for central MD tomorrow. NAM and GGEM both over 0.5”. Someone’s gonna bust hard.