Total Members
    Most Online
    elYeti
    Newest Member
    elYeti
mackerel_sky

2/8/2020 Snow Event

21 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Sooo wow what happened over night lol woke up to a winter storm warning, which I had not expected. Low clouds here and cold. This could be a fun day 

I'm surprised gsp took so long honestly. Every indication has been there for a while for decent snow up your way.

Meanwhile been on pins and needles here. Have been torn on whether to drive north all night/day.  It should snow here but the persistence  of the models showing the transition zone one county north has been annoying...even though soundings would seem to indicated snow. Likewise i've been consistently on the border of the heavier amounts. Frustratingly saw sun, as expected this morning..indeed it seems my location has seen the only real breaks in cloud cover since sunrise :axe: .. but i have finally clouded over for good and  temps only 34 currently after a cold 26 for a low. (8 degrees colder than the 0z nam and 6 colder than the hrrr)  with a finger of precip starting to move/develop toward athens here. If it holds i should be into the heavier precip but just barely. 

• Like 2

29/22. Been snowing steady for about 30 minutes or so now. Hoping to see it wet bulb down a degree or so. Temps been rising pretty steadily all morning. 

5 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

29/22. Been snowing steady for about 30 minutes or so now. Hoping to see it wet bulb down a degree or so. Temps been rising pretty steadily all morning. 

Up to 27 here. Temps will level off and stay below freezing. 850 temps are well below freezing.  

• Like 1

Wife said it just started at our place on the Haywood/Jackson line.  I’m in southern Ohio and we have a batch of moisture coming through just like down there and 1-2-3” on the ground from yesterday morning.  Will be a day of driving through snow for me it seems.

• Like 1

Franklin to Lake Toxaway will probably be the sweet spot with 2 or 3 inches. I will be lucky to see flake 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Seneca might be S.C. sweetspot!

Snowing south of Atlanta and inside the Toccoa warm bubble. Man your battle stations. Incoming :snowing:

• Like 2

It's finally switched over to big fat flakes, and lots of them, about 15 minutes ago.  The elevated deck is *almost* white covered ... another 5 minutes, perhaps?  We'd been getting tease with little flurries of white specks off an on for an hour+ until it finally committed.  This is South Forsyth county a bit south of Stony Point Airfield ...

It’s accumulating here now. Turning white and snowing pretty good. Flakes aren’t huge but there sure are a lot of them 

• Like 1

All Hail King NAM with this system! Like eyewall said, this storm isn't going to help us Raleigh peeps, but I am certainly living vicariously through you N Ga and upstate folks today. Traffic cams in NW Ga look like a solid snow event incoming. Man it's nice to see a mood change around this board, even if it doesn't help my neck of the woods

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Extreme NEGA said:

Nothing yet at my house

Hopefully you will see some soon - I go there quite a bit for work. I am about 20-30 min to your west

snowdawg in clayton should do great with this storm