Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

TalcottWx

14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

What's up with the holes southwest of Manchester NH and south of Hartford? I hope that's just an artifact of bad data. I would've gone full Chernobyl were I in Meriden with a foot while towns to my immediate southwest were putting up 3 feet.

I had around 30" around 10 mi. west of MHT. Banding was finicky aligning with the hills, a sucker hole near the river. Iirc

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hoth said:

What's up with the holes southwest of Manchester NH and south of Hartford? I hope that's just an artifact of bad data. I would've gone full Chernobyl were I in Meriden with a foot while towns to my immediate southwest were putting up 3 feet.

There is a 12 in there probably a early report  NWS has quality control issues with snowmaps

Feb_08-09_2013_Snow_Plot_box.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Big time. Oink oink. 

Black hole up in the arctic. No above average heights there this winter like has been so common recently. This is definitely an early 1990s look. 

The EPO floodgates are going to be wide open. One of the ugliest EPS runs this entire winter

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That pig looks too cute Will.  We need a menacing one....although it’s a relief at this point.  I can defer the snow blower purchase to April.

Lol. Yeah should’ve found an ugly one. 

Despite what kevin says, I’m not tossing in the towel on good snowfalls from here on out. Still 6 weeks left on the realistic climo calendar. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Despite what kevin says, I’m not tossing in the towel on good snowfalls from here on out. Still 6 weeks left on the realistic climo calendar. 

Now that is a positive attitude! But if we are dealing with 1-2" snowfall, then rain, then mild, etc. Not vested

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hope you’re right. I just always remember your idea on the pig. When its there, we have no chance. From that point forward, whenever i see the pig, I run as fast as I can. Even if that pig is loaded up with lipstick. I smear it all over that pigs face before running. There’s a few here i guess that are smooching that lipsticked up pig. Just kissing the hell out of it. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

There is a 12 in there probably a early report  NWS has quality control issues with snowmaps

Feb_08-09_2013_Snow_Plot_box.png

Yes..great storm.  I was in a jackpot area.  Was forecast for 15-20”, and got 33+.   It was one to remember for sure!!  Schools closed for 5 days..just like in 78.  

Id love to get  just one major one this winter..then spring can come.  The problem is it’s early Feb..spring is far off for SNE at this point.  So let’s see if we can get 1 Bonafide snowstorm During astronomical Winter 19-20..

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hope you’re right. I just always remember your idea on the pig. When its there, we have no chance. From that point forward, whenever i see the pig, I run as fast as I can. Even if that pig is loaded up with lipstick. I smear it all over that pigs face before running. There’s a few here i guess that are smooching that lipsticked up pig. Just kissing the hell out of it. 

I’ve always said a winter with a pig in the means is usually a ratter. I never said no chance for snow though. There’s a difference. We get snowstorms in garbage winters too...it’s just harder to get them. 

If the EPS is right, we’d have to get very lucky though in the next 2 weeks to get something. It’s possible they aren’t right though....esp in the longer range where ensembles have had trouble all winter.