• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

February Discobs 2020

6 tornadoes yesterday, 5 of which were in MD.  I believe the longterm average is 10 tornadoes per year in Maryland.

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

6 tornadoes yesterday, 5 of which were in MD.  I believe the longterm average is 10 tornadoes per year in Maryland.

We can't get snow but we can get tornadoes in February. Come severe season we won't be able to get a flash of lightning.

59 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

We can't get snow but we can get tornadoes in February. Come severe season we won't be able to get a flash of lightning.

But maybe snow? Why not? It has been super wacky the past two years.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Massive fire on route one in Alexandria section of Fairfax county.  Smoke showing up well on radar.

9194F327-E1AD-4759-B9B7-EFAA6B65B829.png

4D1B7FB0-C706-4D95-BCC4-16E04907C6F6.jpeg

Ah, should have checked here too.  Posted the same in the Banter thread.  Heck of a fire.

9 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Ah, should have checked here too.  Posted the same in the Banter thread.  Heck of a fire.

Those radar echo tops are over 6kft high.

That was a bit of an unpleasant surprise yesterday.

Looked out in the back yard and LOTS of big branches down.

Since there were workmen next door, the assumption was they had thrown the branches over the fence.

In reality, the workmen were there to repair a fallen ceiling, and the branches had come from the tree of the neighbor back of him (and us).

I presume the strong winds Friday evening did this.

1 hour ago, arlwx said:

That was a bit of an unpleasant surprise yesterday.

Looked out in the back yard and LOTS of big branches down.

Since there were workmen next door, the assumption was they had thrown the branches over the fence.

In reality, the workmen were there to repair a fallen ceiling, and the branches had come from the tree of the neighbor back of him (and us).

I presume the strong winds Friday evening did this.

Dead Ash tree? I have had two that I hadn't taken down yet fall in last month. If you have any near your property get them down! They either snap off about 5-10 foot up or completely uproot (I had one of each) once dead over a year. That is my PSA for the day!

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Beautiful afternoon. Currently 51 degrees and sitting outside on the patio.  Full sun makes it feel closer to the 60s.  

47 here. Sun feels great though.

Sun angle season is upon us. :D

• Weenie 1

Sun angle kicking in. My solar panels are producing at the highest rate since early November. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Sun angle kicking in. My solar panels are producing at the highest rate since early November. 

PSA from Captain Obvious:

Which of course makes sense because the sun angle is the same now as it is it during the first few days of November.

Fin

Currently the temperature is 49F under sunny skies.

Dewpoint: 24F

IAD

Another wet and cloudy/cool day. 'wedge' feel to it. Just hit 40 degrees with a moderate rain falling. Just a hair over .25 in the gauge since 7 am. Another fail from NWS, which has updated forecast to steady rain and a 43 high after a 7 am forecast of 53 and showers in afternoon.