Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
weatherwiz

February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

12 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

All rain where I live in NNH, some mangled pellets every now and then...def not getting the 8-18inches I keep seeing in the AFD

You’ll flip. Looks like HIE is now on CC. 
edit. That may be a mirage though

• Like 1

30F and glazed over here. Wonder how long it will take before we're back above freezing. Looks like there might be a little snow clipping us later tonight as the low bombs out overhead.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Downslope Diane Dandy.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Dude likes to blame his lawn on everything else but himself.  Not that hard to grow grass in the North Country....it's always wet with plenty of precip. 

lol, I challenge you to get lawn seed to grow in our backyard slope with granite <12" under the surface.

58 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

we were in 6-8" zone, but ended up with 3.25" and <1" on backside later today. Another disappointment in the winter of 19-20.

Yesterday afternoon the GYX "90%/most likely/10%" line for Farmington was 4/9/10.  This morning, with just 0.06" zr in between, the line is 1/2/6.  Oops - looks like things shifted about 75 miles NW.

Tiny IP began here about 8:45, far preferable to zr.

Just passing hour 14 of FzRa. Solid 10-15 mm glaze on flat surfaces. Not sure of radial amounts. Maybe half that. Trees are sagging. Still lgt to mod precip falling. Temp -2c. Expecting temps to spike later along with 55-60mph gusts as storm deepens in the GOM. Will be a miracle if i keep power. 

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still pretty high vis on the Pittsburg cams. A glaze on lense of one of them even up there. Hopefully flips there soon for the snowmobilers 

1 hour ago, MarkO said:

31.6F/31 IN Lowell, glaze on many surfaces. "Mom say's the driveway is icy" as my son ignores his own warning and falls on his ass to the delight of my daughter. 

My driveway is a hill.. just made sure no one was passing by the road, glided right out of the driveway and onto the road backwards.

18 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Still pretty high vis on the Pittsburg cams. A glaze on lense of one of them even up there. Hopefully flips there soon for the snowmobilers 

Thought it was washing out from the west around HIE, but then I saw CXX and realized it was fake news. 

29.8° and a steady ZR. Power concerns are a 5/10. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Thought it was washing out from the west around HIE, but then I saw CXX and realized it was fake news. 

Lets get some poles and pines down. 

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Winds will be more S coast and Cape for the real good stuff I think. Maybe up to ctrl CT and near BOS.

Can't wait, the ground is a soggy mess right now...I would like to keep my power thanks...

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just flipped to sn on the first lake cams 

Some what interesting to me is the sort of extension of the main low or subsequent meso low that forms on 12z nam just off Cape Ann at 18z that feature could hold temps a bit cooler for the main round of precip for areas of S NH like Nashua/ Salem up to MHT /Durham

• Like 1

One of the few times I wished I was back in Ithaca, NY for a storm vs interior MA

Feb7_1025amRadar.gif