• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 5-7 Wintry Mess Potential

weatherwiz

06z NAM trended back south with part 2 but doesn’t look like other 06z guidance moved much....so tossed for now. 

If the GFS verified, that would be low impact for just about anyone south of dendrite to Mitch....very little QPF on that model.

Even other guidance has lessened the QPF though nothing like the GFS. That really heavy stuff stays on the south coast or just offshore so the risk for big time icing is diminishing if that is the case. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Oof at that 00z Euro run.  

Keeps ramping up QPF.  Friday’s wave is real juicy.  

The mid level frontogenisis should have someone up here just getting destroyed.

That run was a healthy 12-18” for a fairly wide swath. 

CB653A57-69FE-4BEA-AAF8-FC989A7503F5.thumb.png.ef4e5096c6ee69dc0f7c13b4a3b462d0.png

For you and a wide swath where no one else lives or cares about (except skiers).  :)

The other 90% of the board are fully prepped for another round of meh.

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

God i hope so.  Hubby and I huddled close together at the basement wood stove while branch bombs carpet the ground outside. 

QPF is further south now which may mitigate the really big ice threat over interior MA/S NH. 

Sometimes it seems like the climate belt's already shifted and this is like what the north Phillie weather dorks used brow beat over back a quarter century ago. 

I mean, we get 27 DP air richly introduced into the region and a damming source - we shouldn't be dealing with lows cutting through ALB ( GFS )

Hard to say if that tact is just an artifice of the GFS.  I can host some reasoning that sounds scientific and Meteorologically clad but ..it could also be proven science fiction in this scenario too. It's been a recurrent theme this winter, veracious theoretical application proves ...not veracious - seemingly by an agency. Muah hahahaha 

Anyway, frustration aside, this really does look like even the Euro is too far NW ... and the low should be squeezed S. of interior SNE.  It may just be that we are back to what we were musing about two or three days ago .. how this is a now-cast opportunity.  

I used the adjective 'nightmare' before ..but I don't think the stakes are high enough for that.  The implication difference ( sensibly ) may not matter.. If the low goes west, there will be a triple point. If the low stays south because of BL forcing, either way, 850 mb roasts the 0 C isotherm to central NE as a destiny it would seem...and that probably extends ZR in either scenario a considerable distance N. 

The GFS' QPF void - I wonder - if is partially a mechanical feed-back from it's bad BL thermodynamics.  It seems to go out of the way to organize the low into a primary structure ... by somehow avoiding/negating BL forcing altogether.  That's what the voiding in there is about..It's about quasi-splitting the QPF field around the cyclone model when its cyclone is over North Adams Massachusetts - its particular rendition of that model has a bizarre BL that's it own physics are responsible for.  Hence... 'feed-back' 

But that could be science fiction. I know what I just said is plausible... Either way, that null region was hinted by some other guidance' up to these recent runs, too to maybe not something to ignore.   Plus... storm track climo is moving W-N everywhere all over the hemisphere as is proven in a host of papers I can refer folks too..and this season's correction behavior seems to either be coincidentally doing that anyway, or, is a expressing it.. So maybe we just need even more BL forcing than our experiences lend us to believing we need these days to keep lows from blithely modeling their way through veritable mountain ranges like that... jesus  

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sometimes it seems like the climate belt's already shifted and this is like what the north Phillie weather dorks used brow beat over back a quarter century ago. 

I mean, we get 27 DP air richly introduced into the region and a damming source - we shouldn't be dealing with lows cutting through ALB ( GFS )

Hard to say if that tact is just an artifice of the GFS.  I can host some reasoning that sounds scientific and Meteorologically clad but ..it could also be proven science fiction in this scenario too. It's been a recurrent theme this winter, veracious theoretical application proves ...not veracious - seemingly by an agency. Muah hahahaha 

Anyway, frustration aside, this really does look like even the Euro is too far NW ... and the low should be squeeze S. of interior SNE.  It may just be that we are back to what we were musing about two or three days ago .. how this is a now-cast opportunity.  

I used the adjective 'nightmare' before ..but I don't think the stakes are high enough for that.  The implication difference ( sensibly ) may not matter.. If the low goes west, there will be a triple point. If the low stays south because of BL forcing, either way, 850 mb roasts the 0 C isotherm to central NE as a destiny it would seem...and that probably extends ZR in either scenario a considerable distance N. 

The GFS' QPF void - I wonder - if is partially a mechanical feed-back from it's bad BL thermodynamics.  It seems to go out of the way to organize the low into a primary structure ... by somehow avoiding/negating BL forcing altogether.  That's what the voiding in there is about..It's about quasi-splitting the QPF field around the cyclone model when its cyclone is over North Adams Massachusetts - its particular rendition of that model has a bizarre BL that's it own physics are responsible for.  Hence... 'feed-back' 

But that could be science fiction. I know what I just said is plausible... Either way, that null region was hinted by some other guidance' up to these recent runs, too to maybe not something to ignore.   Plus... storm track climo is moving W-N everywhere all over the hemisphere as is proven in a host of papers I can refer folks too..and this season's correction behavior seems to either be coincidentally doing that anyway, or, is a expressing it.. So maybe we just need even more BL forcing than our experiences lend us to believing we need these days to keep lows from blithely modeling their way through veritable mountain ranges like that... jesus  

Euro has a 972 over my head transferred to 970 in the Gulf of Maine 

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

For you and a wide swath where no one else lives or cares about (except skiers).  :)

The other 90% of the board are fully prepped for another round of meh.

I VERY much care.. and will be visiting the land of PF this weekend. Driving up from DC starting 6:30pm Thursday night after work. Thinking first wave is starting to clear out by then. Looking at timing, hoping to be past Boston by midnight-ish. Can’t tell exactly but looks like my biggest trouble will be once turning to snow Connecticut rt 91 heading into VT.

Dont hate.. par tic i PATE!! Everyone in the forum should come to Stowe. Screw work.

Go Euro- ukie combo

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro has a 972 over my head transferred to 970 in the Gulf of Maine 

Yeah forgive me ...I only bother with the granular free sources out there - I don't think the Euro is nearly prophetic enough to charge for that area of ECMWFs corp, when I can get to the same sort of predictive skill using sources that really are free, combined with experience and intelligence ..but that's just me.   

Anyway, if that's true, those are impressive depths.  The 12z run yesterday began looking more coalesced with the total evolution of this event.  Less like wave one and two and three ..and whatever, and more like the first wave was really just the arm of a warm boundary S and overrunning getting going out ahead because of the fast flow stretching and exciting that perhaps ahead of typology for leading lows... Then, the main thrust aloft careens off Jersey with that tube of insane 130 kt 500mb jet core tunneling it's way S of the Cape and we get a bomb-esque and all that.   

Seems the 00z is really just continuing along that theme. 

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah forgive me ...I only bother with the granular free sources out there - I don't think the Euro is nearly prophetic enough to charge for that area of ECMWFs corp, when I can get to the same sort of predictive skill using sources that really are free, combined with experience and intelligence ..but that's just me.   

Anyway, if that's true, those are impressive depths.  The 12z run yesterday began looking more coalesced with the total evolution of this event.  Less like wave one and two and three ..and whatever, and more like the first wave was really just the arm of a warm boundary S and overrunning getting going out ahead because of the fast flow stretching and exciting that perhaps ahead of typology for leading lows... Then, the main thrust aloft careens off Jersey with that tube of insane 130 kt 500mb jet core tunneling it's way S of the Cape and we get a bomb-esque and all that.   

Seems the 00z is really just continuing along that theme. 

Weather.us is free Tip, we keep telling you and the 10 dollars a month if you skip your Starbucks latte twice pays for weathermodels.com That way we don't have to correct your assumptive posts constantly, intelligence aside