Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’ve got 2-5” for the Mtn right now.  I think ratios could be lower with mild-ish boundary layer so those 10:1 maps might be a bit high.  Take 8:1 or so.

Last one here was 7.6:1 when I did a core sample, Most likely similar Or we could be a touch better here unless things change aloft today.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We should have a chant....”we want the shit streak”

This system is so disorganized...we really needed the good ULL given no antecedent airmass present. 

It will end up a disjointed ugly-looking system most likely with a zone of like 2-4" of wet snow for CNE/NNE. Maybe someone lucky gets a 5-6 spot. 

We could still see a bit at the end down here but it's not looking like more than an inch anywhere. The "storm" just shunts east really fast. 

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nam 3k was not bad too if you keep this in perspective, It’s a 2-4” event with some seeing another 1-2” more right now.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’ve got 2-5” for the Mtn right now.  I think ratios could be lower with mild-ish boundary layer so those 10:1 maps might be a bit high.  Take 8:1 or so.

BTV is saying 2"-3" here

StormTotalSnowWeb.png

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Last one here was 7.6:1 when I did a core sample, Most likely similar Or we could be a touch better here unless things change aloft today.

First half of my 7" total was 7.6:1 rimey/tiny flakes.  Nicer stuff dropped 3" 7A-noon, tinies 0.5" nonn-3, 2nd half snow was 12.5:1 and storm total ratio 9.5:1.

I'd be happy to score 3" from the weekend event, especially since there's still a chance of zero.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

First half of my 7" total was 7.6:1 rimey/tiny flakes.  Nicer stuff dropped 3" 7A-noon, tinies 0.5" nonn-3, 2nd half snow was 12.5:1 and storm total ratio 9.5:1.

I'd be happy to score 3" from the weekend event, especially since there's still a chance of zero.

You being further inland was better ratios on that second part, Not a very high ceiling right now on the sat-sun, Its pretty qpf starved unless something changes in the next 24 hrs.

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

I'd be thrilled with an inch or two given the fact that this looked like a straight rainer a few days ago.

• Like 1

Just now, MaineJayhawk said:

NNE special.  This topic will have tumbleweeds rolling through it.

Even I...the ultimate snow lover....would have a hard time getting up for a 2-4" snowfall in early January if I lived in Bethel or somewhere else with similar snow climo. Too bad the more dynamic solutions have been lost....even some of the ones that gave SNE nothing at least were giving 8-10" up north in a wide swath.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Even I...the ultimate snow lover....would have a hard time getting up for a 2-4" snowfall in early January if I lived in Bethel or somewhere else with similar snow climo. Too bad the more dynamic solutions have been lost....even some of the ones that gave SNE nothing at least were giving 8-10" up north in a wide swath.

In the context of this being modeled as a warm cutter a ways back, the 2-4" is a welcome relief.  But yeah, nobody is going to pull an all-nighter watching the models for this one.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I will make sure to post observations every 90 seconds or so. :lol:

Agree. Nobody cares but it's better than rain, and it fits our "nickel and dime" climo

9 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

In the context of this being modeled as a warm cutter a ways back, the 2-4" is a welcome relief.  But yeah, nobody is going to pull an all-nighter watching the models for this one.

Oh yeah...agreed....I was saying that the last two days when others were complaining that the rogue 6-10" solutions weren't going to work out....an inch or even flakes to me is better than a 55F cutter.

• Like 1