Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

5 to 6 at Sugarbush so far

They were getting hammered this afternoon.  Best axis was central ADKs through Sugarbush to MPV highlands, at least what I could see.  

1.3” of paste at home.  Looks real pretty though, seems about the best way to run that low snowfall.  Every little twig is hanging onto snow.  Was 2.5” leaving the mountain at 8:30pm.  

38 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They were getting hammered this afternoon.  Best axis was central ADKs through Sugarbush to MPV highlands, at least what I could see.  

1.3” of paste at home.  Looks real pretty though, seems about the best way to run that low snowfall.  Every little twig is hanging onto snow.  Was 2.5” leaving the mountain at 8:30pm.  

Wintry appeal at home at least.... freshen up the look despite a meager total that will end up under 2" most likely.

2L8A2132_edited-1-1.jpg.87335f4a44a61ab0663cc541316031c1.jpg

Great vibe this evening up at the ski resort thanks to the light snowfall.  People seem very happy when it snows during their vacation up north and it rains down south.  It is very interesting to hear how many folks mention it isn't snowing where they are from.  The Tippy psych analysis is that it probably fits the stereotype of snow up north and validates their decision? 

2L8A2100_edited-1-1.jpg.0672e36bd00628c6fb284ea0e3e595bd.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Remember last year when it was pics of 10-12” and tables buried? Now it’s grass showing and good vibes from 1-2”. Sad times. 

Eh. It is what it is. Doesn’t take 12” to make things pretty. In fact sometimes trees caked in 2” can look better than 12” of dry powder that doesn’t stick to things

• Like 1

Long time lurker, 1st time poster.

Skied Okemo (Ludlow, VT) today.  Light rain all morning,  low visibility with a short switch to snow up at the summit around 1:30pm then back to light rain for the afternoon;  got soaked and cold.  Lots of slush, dirt and rock all over the mountain with rivers of water in the parking lot.  It looked a lot like closing day in April.  Not much snow left OTG along VT 131 back to KCNH;  no ice on the Black (VT), CT or Sugar (NH) rivers.  Still drying clothing out tonight, sharpening my ice-skates for skiing tomorrow ... this winter sucks so far.  Hope at least the Pats can pull something off.

40 minutes ago, sledwx said:

Skied Okemo (Ludlow, VT) today.  Light rain all morning,  low visibility with a short switch to snow up at the summit around 1:30pm then back to light rain for the afternoon;  got soaked and cold.  Lots of slush, dirt and rock all over the mountain with rivers of water in the parking lot.  It looked a lot like closing day in April.  Not much snow left OTG along VT 131 back to KCNH;  no ice on the Black (VT), CT or Sugar (NH) rivers.  Still drying clothing out tonight, sharpening my ice-skates for skiing tomorrow ... this winter sucks so far.  Hope at least the Pats can pull something off.

Hey...welcome aboard. Are you one of the two Newbury CWOP observers?

56 minutes ago, sledwx said:

Welcome aboard, an hour North and you could have skied in snow all day

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Welcome aboard, an hour North and you could have skied in snow all day

Thanks!  The Okemo forecast had called for snow mixing in by 10am, cutting over by noon.  I guess I should have gone to Attitash or Wildcat!