Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Our forecast issued late Oct was for slightly BN temps and AN snow Dec, a A to MAN Jan with MBN snows and a return to more sustained winter late Jan with a good first 3 or so weeks in Feb before it breaks for early spring a warm Morch . I see nothing pointing to a long cold spring 
This is for SNE

define "our"

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

NNE has not really done well.  

Nope, hasn’t been good up here but from a NYC area perspective it’s always going to “do well.”  The mountains are well below normal in snowfall.  Only 75” on the season at 3000ft+ and 25” at the Stake.  

We had more than that last November alone and ended November with 40” at the Stake. 

But we’ve been lucky to have snow on the ground for the most part since mid-November at home.  Last week was really the only bare grass patchy cover.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

define "our"

Lmao...don’t waste your time with that.  No matter what he says, when it doesn’t turn out that way, he’ll say he didn’t say that.  He has an early spring, and others who are pros have a back loaded winter.  That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. 

• Thanks 1

There won’t be no major changes with the airmass, It’s marginal at best and a more amped up primary will get everything further north as well as the warm air mass so your really relying on a thread the needle solution with a stronger secondary to develop sooner to pull what cold air there is to the coast and cut off the WAA.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nope, hasn’t been good up here but from a NYC area perspective it’s always going to “do well.”  The mountains are well below normal in snowfall.  Only 75” on the season at 3000ft+ and 25” at the Stake.  

We had more than that last November alone and ended November with 40” at the Stake. 

But we’ve been lucky to have snow on the ground for the most part since mid-November at home.  Last week was really the only bare grass patchy cover.  

From former Box Met Byrce W today at Stowe.  Gotta tell ya my heart bleeds for you

IMG_20200102_193821.jpg

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

Definitely  next unless we see significant  changes

Ya I think it’s done..stick a fork in it!  It had us on our seat edge for 36 hours, thinking we could actually pull off a decent snowstorm in a sh*t pattern for a minute there. But reality is back..and it’s no Jennifer Aniston, or Halle Barry that’s for sure.  

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dendy was all over the off hour runs legend yesterday when they showed the nice hit for SNE, and stole CNE and NNE Snow on the Euro lol....that’s why I said that . 

We were all over it because the Euro went 300+ miles south in 6 hrs, You find that normal for the Euro? I don’t.

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dendy was all over the off hour runs legend yesterday when they showed the nice hit for SNE, and stole CNE and NNE Snow on the Euro lol....that’s why I said that . 

Well what about the 00z run last night? That was still way south too. 

These current runs aren't even that north. They don't get much qpf up in NNE...actually anywhere. They are weak. The biggest difference is the obscene deep h5 that the euro had for 2-3 runs which produced a big CCB.