• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

Have to be careful what you wish for when you don't want a strong primary low heading towards BUF, You get this scenario for a result of a weak POS that just slides east off the coast, Your going to need faster development at H5 with this digging further south, A positive tilted trough won't cut it.

Just now, dryslot said:

Have to be careful what you wish for when you don't want a strong primary low heading towards BUF, You get this scenario for a result of a weak POS that just slides east off the coast, Your going to need faster development at H5 with this digging further south, A positive tilted trough won't cut it.

Haha Wow....favored this scenario all along.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Note how all the non-Euro guidance does not have a close h5 low south of SNE. 06z Euro had it closed off multiple times. 

Thats why the other models suck for snow down here and have this stripe of advisory snow to maybe low end warning for CNE instead.

The opening H5 upon approach has been an issue that I have been harping on all along.

This bites.

18 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Huge changes. No closed low at Hr60, more positively tilted. sfc is fugly.

Game over.

Interestingly it had an uncharacteristically big flip flop out here in the Midwest as well.  There were a few runs that were phasing pretty well and had a band of 6-12" in IN.  Then yesterday's 12z run suddenly came in with a different evolution and cut totals to 1" or less.  Not the Euro's best storm I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Cue @WinterWolf’s euro tantrum. Deservingly so.

Lol...I was actually waiting for the big Cave....does it almost every storm now.  Shows something decent for a few runs(sucks everybody in) then goes to Sh*t with the whole thing in one run. Maybe it comes back at 18z lol...it's that erratic now.   I didn't have to tantrum it this time....alot of others did it for me.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am shocked Pivotal has these

ecmwf_full_2020010212_066_41.75--71.75.png

Amazing isn't it? I recently just noticed all the mid and upper level data now added to their site, soundings included. This is becoming better than most pay sites for the ECMWF. In fact this is the very first site i know of that does ECMWF soundings. Late Christmas present.