• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-5 Mixed Bag Discussion Thread

Bostonseminole

Seems to have slowed significantly on the UK.

One thing I really do not like about this system is how it opens up at H5 on approach...its attenuating due to the transient PNA ridge being eviscerated. It looks like the lead up to a NE blizzard on Saturday...but poof.

1-2" pike points N on UK.

I think that is reasonable.

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Like Luke said earlier (I think Luke said it), that's 2 more inches than I have now, so we take.

GFS continues to tick better.

Ehhh.  Little east for us. Let's hope for it trends a little West. I'd rather a mixed frozen bag and more QPF then a couple dusty inches. 

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes..Euro leading the way on this it looks like currently.  It’s holding on to this same idea for a while now.  Interesting is right.

It seems to me if any model has been holding on to the same idea is the GFS. Not saying it's right, but the Euro had like a foot of snow for us 12 hours ago, down to nothing. GFS had 4-5" and still does. I know everyone like to think the model that's right is the one that gives them snow - including myself, but objectively it seems like the Euro has been screwing up just as much as any other model lately 

3 minutes ago, alex said:

It seems to me if any model has been holding on to the same idea is the GFS. Not saying it's right, but the Euro had like a foot of snow for us 12 hours ago, down to nothing. GFS had 4-5" and still does. I know everyone like to think the model that's right is the one that gives them snow - including myself, but objectively it seems like the Euro has been screwing up just as much as any other model lately 

GFS trended south considerably at 06z...though your area has seen snow on the GFS for several runs in a row now. But people like dendrite and even down to ASH and adjacent NE MA saw plowable snowfall on the latest run.