Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I cover all 6 NE states now , so am all over. This is a day trip. Maine overnight late month. 

We had a quake in Tilton last night. The cords in my fan were swaying. 

I’d suggest you stop by Kettlehead, but Monday is the one day they’re closed. 

That would be a fascinating experiential change there if those details of the 00z Euro solution play out that way. 

00z Sunday ( Saturday at 8 pm - ) features a quasi-stationary boundary aligning roughly White Plains NY - Nashua NH, with 850 mb temps in the ~ +10 C range...probably an ongoing gunk warm sector with light showery spritzers running up along and to nearby in that warm sector, so not clean and warm dandy in that depiction, but definitely a balmy vibe relative to January climo - maybe 60.

But at that time, big polar high looms, gaining weight and momentum, pressing toward/into Ontario. That boundary gets forced south to NYC by 12z Sunday morning ... and that should whip the region down some 25 to 30 F ... at which point there is a melange p-type overrunning in the area.   

Vastly vastly different sensible appeal going from early evening Saturday forward.  

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wouldn’t the sheer weight and pressure of that cold air mass almost have to press?

There is still risk for torching ahead of it, atleast in SNE. As modeled, the real push of cold is sat night/sun. Of course its still several days away. Hopefully that system can dampen out a bit