Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No I’m trying to save you and everyone else from rushing to the nearest tall object. 
We are probably in a good position with this one as far as modeling goes. 

It’s been a really bad stretch and if this doesn’t pan out, jury is still out, then there isn’t much else to look forward to except torches and fropa’s. During the meat of winter, it’s a tough pill to swallow. I’m just calling it like I see it as you usually do. 

8 minutes ago, alex said:

60+? When would that be for? The highest temperature in our current forecast period is 37 on Saturday...

He often tries to melt all the snow to the Canadian border any time it's going to be mild in CT. He will be wrong this time like usual. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been a really bad stretch and if this doesn’t pan out, jury is still out, then there isn’t much else to look forward to except torches and fropa’s. During the meat of winter, it’s a tough pill to swallow. I’m just calling it like I see it as you usually do. 

It has been tough and I’m with you on the meat of winter. A few inches Wednesday would be nice.

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ok well looking ahead, we have Scandi ridging finally developing. It also looks like the PV finally gets stretched and is not concentric anymore. That’s usually a sign things are going on above. Sometimes Scandi ridging helps get that process started. 

1ED03892-8A6F-482A-8B91-105DE2294D43.png

Bank on it....things are going to get started in the polar domain.

25 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If anyone planned on punting close to 30 days in heart of winter climo and was confident on that I would believe that we should also have forecast a above normal chance of a below normal snowfall.

given the 33” in Nashua I’ll lean above but that’s thanks to mainly one storm 

I forecasted slightly above normal snowfall with a midseason punt...its not as uncommon as you think...we did it two years ago, too. TBH, if you are going to punt a third of the season and still do well snowfallwise, the middle portion is the segment to punt bc we have the most margin for error climowise with regard to snowfall at that point. In other words, mid winter is when we are most likely to BS our way to some snow despite an awful pattern...which is the key to good seasons. We never go wall-to-wall synoptic nirvana.

As far as the "one event" caveat goes.. go back throughout history and subtract the largest event from all of the seasonal tallies...it would significantly alter the overall tenor of most seasons....such is the peril of avaeraging 60" and not 160"-

• Like 2

Hypocrisy run amok ...

NAM anything for "synoptic corrections" - hopefully, that's not what's really happening.  Now...undoubtedly, here comes the disingenuous torrent about how it's really about " no we're just doing x-y-z" nice. 

But what drives that willingness to compromise one's standards ( if not common sense and reason ) to such a scale and degree of inadvisability? Even if there some truth of the tongue-'n'-cheek claim for why the NAM posts, it's like comedy - there's always a percentile of truth in there. 

Scott said, " I hope it comes back west and rains..." Out of some form of Schadenfreude meets with vindication on some level or another?  I can relate.

Sometimes my own hypocrisy has to save me. Because in moments of that resent, I find myself hoping the technology infrastructure fails altogether.  That way those seeking the joy/void filling thing by way of this "accident of technology, glue-sniffing modeled high" ( which was never the intent of this technology ... ;) ) are forced into rehab ... That would be entertaining!  Just knowing they wonder dazed through life trying to figure out how to reintegrate a reality that is more profound than the ephemeral fleeting of psychotropic thumb flips on a portable phone screen.  Ha ha ha-ha ha.   

Ah well...be that as must.  Then I realize, wait a minute - then I can't look at that weather charts either in such an advent of technology loss. Moreover, impugn society on social-media. I'm always amused when reading "blogs" anyway that chastise modernism - people taking shits and complaining about other people's stink. Hypocrisy has served to lubricate society ever since the industrial revolution has put Humanity in a situation where they have to surmise morality on a dime and make quick decisions.  Usually, their conflicted interests..

Hell, I guess we all use this shit for different reasons.  And this is a hell - it's beautifully dark, and alluring, like the temptations therein. You start out, some hapless soul. You're deprived on some level.  So, you find a drug that eases the anxiety of your life - but like drugs, it's false. It's escape. It's not the real pathway to salvation.  Oh geez! That sounds like the intro to a marketing wrap, a manipulation by religious sermonizing to show one the way ...No! I find any organized religion or doctrine that imposes some systemic belief system on one's spirit as one of these most putrid achievements of mankind outside the execution of the a-bomb. But, though I am subjectively comparing ... it does seem there is something of a bit of value to the hell comparison... Hell is at the end of a road paved faux intentions. And drug escape, whether charts or heroine, it's all the same. And, Satan exacts his interest on that spiritual loan, when the stimulation is taken away, and the withdraw challenges the very endurance of man. 

Yup...I'm having girl troubles again ;)

A lot of posts over the last five pages that I've wasted another 20 minutes of my life scanning ... describing this tendency for the mid week thing to miss east, in turns of phrase and cadence that - I'm sorry - exposes your frustration. It doesn't take Hannibal Lecter to read into that... But, Will and I warned everyone four days ago, that the system mid week was either going to, or was very likely to, suffer the same physical stressing and minoring out as the previous.  The underlying scaffold of the flow's construct, nothing's changed.  You've just wasted too many of your woken hours spanning the last four days...trying to fight planetary physical prominence with your will -  how's that workin' for you?  Lol.  

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, alex said:

60+? When would that be for? The highest temperature in our current forecast period is 37 on Saturday...

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

He often tries to melt all the snow to the Canadian border any time it's going to be mild in CT. He will be wrong this time like usual. 

Yeah, I’ve noticed that as well; it’s like some sort of defense mechanism for when potential warmth is on the horizon or something like that.  The “Rains to Maines” thing appears to be in the same vein.  OK, so CT’s winter climate isn’t that great, but constantly trying to schadenfreude the rest of the region into it at this point, when they all know the shtick (Alex, now you know) is pretty much like hanging a “Desperate” sign around one’s neck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Yeah, I’ve noticed that as well; it’s like some sort of defense mechanism for when potential warmth is on the horizon or something like that.  The “Rains to Maines” thing appears to be in the same vein.  OK, so CT’s winter climate isn’t that great, but constantly trying to schadenfreude the rest of the region into it at this point, when they all know the shtick (Alex, now you know) is pretty much like hanging a “Desperate” sign around one’s neck.

image.png.91c16da39af1c8a0d5adcf5a6a0628a9.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh I meant warmer than 40. But depends how “clean” the warm sector is. It’s probably cloudy there but srly winds and warm temps aloft may make it warmer than 40.

Ah! Yes. I don’t doubt upper 40s to low 50s in my location. Hard to achieve down in the valleys, but not at all unusual in cutters up here