• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 11 Frontal Wave Snow Event

WxUSAF

I am analyzing the appetizer/teaser storm a little differently.  First and foremost, the cold air is returning to the lower Ohio valley/ Western West Virginia.  Let’s see how long it actually takes for our temperatures to fall toward freezing and then look at the radar and see where the narrow band if moisture is/or isn’t.  This is not a big low.  It is really like a line if showers going through with cold temps.  If you view it this way you won’t be disappointed when you wake up tomorrow am.

4 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I am analyzing the appetizer/teaser storm a little differently.  First and foremost, the cold air is returning to the lower Ohio valley/ Western West Virginia.  Let’s see how long it actually takes for our temperatures to fall toward freezing and then look at the radar and see where the narrow band if moisture is/or isn’t.  This is not a big low.  It is really like a line if showers going through with cold temps.  If you view it this way you won’t be disappointed when you wake up tomorrow am.

Probably should do your homework regardless

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

30% chance of a period of snow tomorrow morning?  That seems rather low...

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

30% chance of accumulating snow ;)

That still seems pretty low at this point, but I suppose they're waiting until the 12z suite is complete before raising any alarms.  Given the rush hour impacts, I imagine this is certainly worth a WWA for the entire LWX region.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

That still seems pretty low at this point, but I suppose they're waiting until the 12z suite is complete before raising any alarms.  Given the rush hour impacts, I imagine this is certainly worth a WWA for the entire LWX region.  

With a bunch of closings and delays for schools much to @mattie g's delight 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

18 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It's a Potential Hazard Commuting Statement which is part of the NWS initiative to highlight weather that would have a particular impact on commutes in urban areas.  It's a result of the Jan 27, 2011 and Jan 20, 2016 events which royally jacked the roads up and people wrongfully blamed NWS for because we can't understand that it sometimes snows in the winter.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I guess since the criteria is so low during rush hour but i would be pretty surprised if metro/95 areas saw any pavement accum

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic