Total Members
    Most Online
    Santana 1888
    Newest Member
    Santana 1888
Ginx snewx

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

41 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Sun trying to peak through as flurries continue. The events are fun but man my pack enthusiasm has evaporated as I've gotten older. Wish this could magically disappear after the last flake falls.

Nothing has changed for me as I get older.  If anything, I'm giddy for longer potential snow pack season.  Seasons in seasons as some say and winter is my season!

1 minute ago, geo1 said:

You may be correct! I don’t measure meticulously but we have to be pretty close. 

I measured 17.2" at 10:55 AM with 14.5" on the ground at that time. With all this now it must be pushing over 19.0" since then. I'll measure when this band is all said and done.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My old and new homsteads may make a run at 20" in this band....this is right where the death band in March 2018 was..93 nailer

I wouldn't be surprised looking at radar upstream. Should be good for at least another inch I'd say. 

Not sure about others but I love long duration events like this.  It's not often that we have an event that has rounds and is multi-faceted.  There's so many different factors to look at.  I've enjoyed this system and I didn't even jack in it...lol

storm total - 19’ snow, there was a mix to sleet yesterday morning that accumulated about 0.25’ after the first 10 inches of snow fell, 30° with wind out of the north @ 2 PM, looks like snow OTG when I get up there next week, I hope there’s another snowstorm when I’m up there

It’s a bone chilling 53° with a 20 mile an hour west wind down here in Murrells Inlet SC, we had frost this morning, much talk about the harsh weather we’re having, lol

3 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

I wouldn't be surprised looking at radar upstream. Should be good for at least another inch I'd say. 

The radar just went shredola on that band so looks like it is finally coming to an end. Great early start to hopefully a great winter!

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still snowing steady at work... wife says easily half a foot maybe 7-8” at home.

pretty good 

Looks like it just ended at TAN.  Around 6" there.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

KU’s focus on eastern seaboard storms, particularly mid Atlantic to New England

Even east coast! But either way the biggest December storm pre 12-15 I can remember in MA

• Like 1

Just now, geo1 said:

Even east coast! But either way the biggest December storm pre 12-15 I can remember in MA

Dec '92 was December 11-12....that one was bigger....though this one spread more goods to the CT river valley than that one did.

• Like 2