Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

No it's not but it just makes sense given overall storm setup, the GFS has the secondary low almost going over NYC, that would favor inland areas to get the snow. 

The ull is in a much more favorable spot on this run. The bands would have to swing around. GFS temps are a joke. Rgem has frozen to start tomorrow even for the city.

Just now, Snow88 said:

The ull is in a much more favorable spot on this run. The bands would have to swing around. GFS temps are a joke. Rgem has frozen to start tomorrow even for the city.

I know the GFS temps are a joke but my point is if the secondary is tracking closer to the coast it will create more issues changing to all snow at the coast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Mtn NY said:

It's an open forum in NE also and somehow its not a bunch of teenagers bantering absurdity for half the posts. 

Ah, this place would be infinitely dull without the basement types. I could read NOAA forecasts if I just want unfiltered, straight up forecasts. They have a pretty good discussion portion for each area; gets right to the point. And they are all experts ( and they are wrong sometimes too; in fact the disrespect for experts in this culture has been called the meteorologist syndrome...).  So, lighten up a bit. Be happy some teens in basements are here instead of engaging in less respectable endeavors. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

New RGEM and CMC is cold to start even for the coast

I think it's reasonable to expect the city to start off wintry given the ultra dry air mass working into the Northeast now. The warming aloft on SW flow is swift, so any snow will be brief, with pellets more likely, and probably some freezing rain in NNJ, Bronx, White Plains, etc. 

Still plenty of evidence Monday could deliver, but I still don't think we'll have much confidence in this until late Sunday evening, or more likely, early Monday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

FOR PERSPECTIVE:

Prior to this thread beginning, I read the long range forecast from Upton

Snow->Snow/Rain->Rain->Snow/Rain->Snow

That was Wednesday

17 pages later, the models are very consistent...even if you dont want to see it

That's a good forecast lol

15 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

I think it's reasonable to expect the city to start off wintry given the ultra dry air mass working into the Northeast now. The warming aloft on SW flow is swift, so any snow will be brief, with pellets more likely, and probably some freezing rain in NNJ, Bronx, White Plains, etc. 

Still plenty of evidence Monday could deliver, but I still don't think we'll have much confidence in this until late Sunday evening, or more likely, early Monday.

It's going to tough to warm-up the surface especially just N&W of the city. 

I see a dangerous icy situation unfolding for parts of the region.

Monday will be a wildcard for sure, unfortunately the positive trends from yesterday didn't continue so now it'll be more of a waiting game. 

For the first part of the storm we need precipitation to get here as quickly as possible but even if it's delayed a couple hours I think we're going to see minor accumulations even down to the coast dew points are around 10 degrees right now and there should be good radiational cooling tonight away from the urban heat island as for the second part of the storm we're almost going to have to wait and watch the radar and see where the banding sets up very tough forecast really feel for all you meteorologist trying to put out a forecast for this