• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

This is not an ideal I-95 setup by any means.  IMHO, this will be a major letdown for most south and east of I-80. Possible CCB does not get organized until late in the game. Take the NAM and cut in half, and then cut in half again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

I wouldn’t get too excited yet about relying on a CCB to produce big accums. We won’t know until it happens where it sets up and how heavy it is. It could be a slushy inch or 6 if it really does set up overhead. The axis for where it’s primed to be best between both the initial push and whatever happens after is the same Boston to Catskills area as yesterday. Areas south of that in the Hudson Valley, maybe NW NJ and inland CT should be okay too. Below there it’s really a crap shoot where it depends almost entirely on what rotates around after the upper low cools it down. 

• Like 1

The 0z NAM did little to undermine my initial thoughts posted earlier that New York City (Central Park) and Newark appear to be in line for a general 3"-6" snowfall. Locations such as Poughkeepsie and Albany could see 8"-16". The NAM exceeds those amounts, especially in and around Albany. The rest of the guidance will be interesting. It's still a high-risk storm as a relatively small shift in track and or evolution of the upper level low could make a large difference in and around NYC and probably in nearby Nassau County.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

I wouldn’t get too excited yet about relying on a CCB to produce big accums. We won’t know until it happens where it sets up and how heavy it is. It could be a slushy inch or 6 if it really does set up overhead. The axis for where it’s primed to be best between both the initial push and whatever happens after is the same Boston to Catskills area as yesterday. Areas south of that in the Hudson Valley, maybe NW NJ and inland CT should be okay too. Below there it’s really a crap shoot where it depends almost entirely on what rotates around after the upper low cools it down. 

Well said, agree. There is a reason the watches are up for the places they are up for and nothing for the city. There is high confidence of significant snow in these areas but the city could be 1 inch or could be a miracle but it's so dependent on the randomness of a CCB band.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Well said, agree. There is a reason the watches are up for the places they are up for and nothing for the city. There is high confidence of significant snow in these areas but the city could be 1 inch or could be a miracle but it's so dependent on the randomness of a CCB band.

There's low confidence at this juncture. Highly suspect that Warren/Sussex will get warning criteria snow, other watch areas will get early season advisory criteria. All others, including city, see dusting to 2. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There's low confidence at this juncture. Highly suspect that Warren/Sussex will get warning criteria snow, other watch areas will get early season advisory criteria. All others, including city, see dusting to 2. 

I want to be optimistic after seeing the NAM, but I'm going to agree with you. GFS is looking very warm so far. 

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Unlike many people these days, I tend to defer to expertise. You've got credentials, and in legal speak, your expert opinion is given great weight...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

I want to be optimistic after seeing the NAM, but I'm going to agree with you. GFS is looking very warm so far. 

Honestly looks about the same as every other GFS run. The models have been pretty consistent now for the past day, this is an interior storm, it will snow on the coast but much accumulation can not be expected.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Unlike many people these days, I tend to defer to expertise. You've got credentials, and in legal speak, your expert opinion is given great weight...

Funny how some people write off people with credentials these days just because they don’t tell them what they want to hear. I’m hearing many Mets optimistic yet admitting they may still have to go way down or up on totals as we continue to see how this progresses. 

• Like 1

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Honestly looks about the same as every other GFS run. The models have been pretty consistent now for the past day, this is an interior storm, it will snow on the coast but much accumulation can not be expected.

GFS gave NYC 10 inches last run. It keeps waffling. Go with the mesoscale models this close.