• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

2 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Blue Wave or anyone else = I go onto Pivotal Weather but I was not aware that I could get a snow map that you just posted. The maps I look at on there show a much broader / way larger portion of the North East . Can you tell me where / how I can find the map that you just posted which narrows areas down and shows Eastern to Shirley and Marlboro to Danbury ? Thanks in advance guys

Here are some quick instructions. Also, the "Local" feature isn't available for all models.

Local-Model-Parameters-Pivotal-Wx.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

it does not look better to me,,,more North NOT South feel free to correct me if I am mistaken

Its not better but not really much worse except maybe on the fringes

• Like 1

12z NAM probably the worst run for this system in days. Verbatim, most of the board lands a coating.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

12z NAM probably the worst run for this system in days. Verbatim, most of the board lands a coating.

Coating? It shows around 1-2 inches. I would take that in a heartbeat.

Just now, White Gorilla said:

Don't despair too much snow weenies.  We are just getting started with met. winter.  

We just have to wish for the best tomorrow. We still have all day and overnight tonight to look at the models. I have been on a few hours of sleep every night looking at the models.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowDemon said:

Hot take. Moderation in the sub forum is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is your first post since March 3rd where you complained about snowman19.  Why don't you try to add to the discussion instead of getting suspended for being a jackass?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

We just have to wish for the best tomorrow. We still have all day and overnight tonight to look at the models. I have been on a few hours of sleep every night looking at the models.

Let us hope the blocking is stronger than modeled 

• Like 2

Stronger blocking than advertised IMO would be a plus for the weenies but lets keep in mind that the coastal Low has not even arrived / formed as of yet. Lots of time to hug models and for changes this is a LONG event

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

RGEM starts the NYC area as snow and sleet tomorrow.

I still doubt its anything but PL near the city.  The NAM warm nose is big.  Still nervous for Monday.  Don't like the closed low sitting out there but I doubt we have any resolution on that til tomorrow's runs 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I still doubt its anything but PL near the city.  The NAM warm nose is big.  Still nervous for Monday.  Don't like the closed low sitting out there but I doubt we have any resolution on that til tomorrow's runs 

Closed low scenarios usually end up surprising someone, only we don't know which direction that surprise will take yet. 

[mention=1920]SnowDemon[/mention]. Nice PM.  See ya in 2020. 
Can I vote never?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Closed low scenarios usually end up surprising someone, only we don't know which direction that surprise will take yet. 

The exact dry slot placement is always a wild card with these close low set ups.

• Like 5

GFS just double down for west and north of the city. There are mutiple areas of banding on the GFS. We really have to watch that to see where it sets up.

• Weenie 2

Just now, Snow88 said:

GFS just double down for west and north of the city. There are mutiple areas of banding on the GFS. We really have to watch that to see where it sets up.

This seems to be the latest trend, the good snow stays north of the city on the models. I also think the boundary layer may be an issue for the city even on Monday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

This seems to be the latest trend, the good snow stays north of the city on the models. I also think the boundary layer may be an issue for the city even on Monday. 

The big amounts came slightly further south. By all means this isn't the end solution.

• Like 2