Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

At this point, how can you not feel waiting for guidance to pin the tail on the vorticity weenie is an excercise in futility? Lets just watch RAD lol

Well, just looking for trends as a forecaster, especially as they initialize with current conditions. Of course we wait and see. Hopefully the low parks and spins over James' face.

• Like 1

Family/grandkids had scheduled their trip back to SNJ for tomorrow in a large (there are 9 of them in total) 2WD van.  Journey starts at the flakeless-to-date foothills, thru Augusta then 95-495 (probably skip ORH)-Pike-84.  They're wondering if they ought to wait a day.  Once they clear the hill here in New Sharon, where the 2" of fluff (my guess for their getaway time) shouldn't be much of an issue, the non-290 route has essentially no real hills until DIT country.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

That is huge and the biggest question. Seems like this may happen in just enough time to produce the good in E MA up through coastal ME 

If I was a betting man I would take what the models show and go 30-miles east unless 0z doesn’t budge an inch east , seems they always inch progressively as we get inside 24 hours . But obviously every event is different and nothing would surprise me with this system .

i would love to wake up to a low 15 miles east of CHH and slowly backing in and deepening 

8 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Scott the 19z HRRR model run is coming in further south with the coastal low that becomes dominant.  I have surface observations from the PSU weather center showing that the surface low is a lot further southeast and offshore and is progged at 985mb.

James, this product is great and updates continuously.

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16

• Thanks 1