Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As you continue to get older you will continue liking heat and humidity more and more. It happens to everyone here . Scooter, Ginx, me.. everyone. Some admit it.. some do not 

I have no problem liking both now that I am in my 7th decade. I really don't like the sloppiness of the melt down after a snowy winter and spring is a non starter here until May. Summer is whatever. If I'm near the ocean I can tolerate it most of the time without the AC (we have a great cross breeze in our little contel a mile from the water in Maine). But fall, when its dry and warm in the day and just chilly at night.. who can complain about the October feel in the air and the smell of fallen leaves? If a foot of snow comes on Sunday, then Hallelujah to that, too.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As you continue to get older you will continue liking heat and humidity more and more. It happens to everyone here . Scooter, Ginx, me.. everyone. Some admit it.. some do not 

I definitely enjoy summer way more than I used to. I don't care for a 75 dew point like Woody but I used to like winter/summer equally and have definitely moved to more of a summer fan.

6 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I definitely enjoy summer way more than I used to. I don't care for a 75 dew point like Woody but I used to like winter/summer equally and have definitely moved to more of a summer fan.

It’s crazy. In my younger years I hated it. But now all I want in summer is HHH. But, I want nothing to do with that once Sept arrives. And I hate warmth like today in cold season. I just want cold snowy winters and hot humid stormy summers. And honestly most folks here do, whether they choose to admit it or not 

2 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

If all you guys like warmth and CoC all the time, just get it over with and move yourself to a nice retirement home in Florida. 62 at midday in late November is disgusting. The only way this is acceptable is if it were July or August.

Tornadoes and 'canes, too!  Could be a win/win for some folks

23 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I’m slowly going that direction.  Was just thinking about sunlight to 9pm and a 70F evening lol.  

I’m 33 so have some time.

2 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Tornadoes and 'canes, too!  Could be a win/win for some folks

7 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

If all you guys like warmth and CoC all the time, just get it over with and move yourself to a nice retirement home in Florida. 62 at midday in late November is disgusting. The only way this is acceptable is if it were July or August.

Some of these people "sound" like they should be in an over 35 retirement community....

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s crazy. In my younger years I hated it. But now all I want in summer is HHH. But, I want nothing to do with that once Sept arrives. And I hate warmth like today in cold season. I just want cold snowy winters and hot humid stormy summers. And honestly most folks here do, whether they choose to admit it or not 

Your winter window is shrinking. You're still cheering torch until October now and I almost think you'd make March a warm month if you had control over it.

I like 70/80 with 50 at night now. I'll take a good snowstorm, but I have little interest in sustained cold or a barrage of advisory events. Bob has the right climo...big storm potential, but the pack doesn't linger on and on. But...I love NH and just deal with the ups and downs of the weather.

Just now, dendrite said:

Your winter window is shrinking. You're still cheering torch until October now and I almost think you'd make March a warm month if you had control over it.

I like 70/80 with 50 at night now. I'll take a good snowstorm, but I have little interest in sustained cold or a barrage of advisory events. Bob has the right climo...big storm potential, but the pack doesn't linger on and on. But...I love NH and just deal with the ups and downs of the weather.

This is the ideal area to live.