Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than day or two of 40’s nothing is pointing to big furnace torch . In fact there’s sneaky Ginx LL ooze cold nearby with HP up there. Beware down below especially with deep pack regionally 

All he said was warm up....not torch or furnace..

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I know I’m not alone on this. We don’t even know storm track or snow/ ice amounts yet.. and people already taking fun out of it talking about some big furnace. Why can’t we just enjoy the lead up to storm and the cold after it and 2nd storm threat. 

When I see wire to wire December posts and texts fly, it’s time to put that nonsense to rest. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s early December. Definitely not winter. It will moderate for sure. Maybe even 50s.

Yeah when we don't have good cross polar, it will get pretty mild in early to mid December. Climo is tough. Its possible we get some inverted airmass that keeps us cooler but if we mix out then we're prob looking at a few days in the 40-50F range. 

But who knows...ensembles have been pretty woeful beyond 10 days so far this season. We've seen a lot of flip flopping. 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

50s is pretty normal for early December in SNE/Tri-State. The Avg high for the first week of December is 46-47F for BDR and probably only a couple degrees colder for BDL.

Yeah it just seems warm because it’s been so obscenely cold this month.  

Up here November still looks like: 

BTV... -6.2

MVL... -7.1

1V4.... -7.1

MPV... -7.2

53F today was like +7...compared to a week of like -20> departures it feels like June but in reality it’s more normal than the cold we saw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Other than day or two of 40’s nothing is pointing to big furnace torch . In fact there’s sneaky Ginx LL ooze cold nearby with HP up there. Beware down below especially with deep pack regionally 

If we see a major snowstorm from NNE to near the coast. I could see the lower ends of this verifying.

download (80).png

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah when we don't have good cross polar, it will get pretty mild in early to mid December. Climo is tough. Its possible we get some inverted airmass that keeps us cooler but if we mix out then we're prob looking at a few days in the 40-50F range. 

But who knows...ensembles have been pretty woeful beyond 10 days so far this season. We've seen a lot of flip flopping. 

Yeah I mean I don’t think it lasts if EPS is right, but it does look like we lose the cold and flow more zonal. So it will be mild for a time. Hopefully the ensembles are correct in reshuffle. I do know some are thinking milder second half, but everything lately has been a wild azz guess. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some get it 

She would have otherwise not known and booked a flight in a nightmare scenario Monday morning. She is flying out very early on Sunday now. Smart move to be proactive thanks to a well respected Met giving the public just a little heads up. Even if no storm occurs, weather impacts are no longer adding stress to her planning.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I know I’m not alone on this. We don’t even know storm track or snow/ ice amounts yet.. and people already taking fun out of it talking about some big furnace. Why can’t we just enjoy the lead up to storm and the cold after it and 2nd storm threat. 

You are not alone. I’ll walk with ya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Because you pollute the thread with all cold all the time and false hopes. You’re going to make people jump because of false hopes. I’m just telling you what guidance has.

Guidance gave Freak 8-12. How did that work out.  Let us just enjoy the storm . That’s all we’re asking 

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I mean I don’t think it lasts if EPS is right, but it does look like we lose the cold and flow more zonal. So it will be mild for a time. Hopefully the ensembles are correct in reshuffle. I do know some are thinking milder second half, but everything lately has been a wild azz guess. 

I think late December through early January we thaw.