• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Not what I wanted to wake up to........I fear this one might be slipping through our fingers--at least for most of the board with things (outside EPS) shifting warmer.

Then again, it's only Wednesday.  Still plenty of time.

When folks speak of the EPS are they speaking of the mean?  If so, can you see the individual members' tracks to also see the dispersion?  I can see them on the GEFS (and they suck).

• Like 1

I don’t know what to believe...0z GFS at H5 looked fabulous to me before I went to bed. 

Ray just said EPS is steady as she goes, which means it is ok too..right?  

I mean we have to know that the OP runs are gonna show good things, and bad things too at this point.  Can’t live and die with each of the OP runs every few hours either.  

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gefs is right over NYC 

This threat is about to be dead for the coast and it's getting close for inland areas also .

Cmon Ant...??   You of all people should know better.  You’re acting like a novice lately here. We’re talking 5+ days out...

And what do you expect for Dec 1st...especially for the coast??  Climo is a Beotch. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Of course but the models are transferring this low further to the north and weakening the blocking. 

The next run will be different...so don’t get all worked up.  The block always weakens when you want it.  And always strengthens when you don’t..you know that lol.  

This like any system that we follow 6-7 days out, will run the gamut of good then bad,  then back again 2 or 3 times.  You know the drill.

Listen guys....this could easily go back to offshore. Let's give it some time. Hearts are breaking all over the place. Some of you talk about not get to caught up in the model runs, yet, here we go... " The threat is dead ", or " only a NNE special ". Is it not just Wednesday? We do have 5-6 days, right. I'm not deterred yet at all. Nor should any of you Nay sayers

I’d favor CNE for a more snowy solution. Right now ORH to srn NH look to be maybe a snow to mix/ice scenario with maybe some rain in there before flipping back to a little -SN? Interior eastern MA to nrn CT probably a touch of snow and/or ice to start and then a cold rain before maybe a flip back. That’s how it looks now, but of course things can and will change. While the mid level warmth floods in, I think low level cold will be stubborn imo. 

Just now, weathafella said:

What changed overnight?  

Despite all the mets and experts pleading with the weenies not to look at the FV3 and it’s ensembles  they continue to not only do that, but base their thoughts and forecasts on it. It’s insane. The good guidance stayed the course of a nice wintry event for New England with a variety of precip types