Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

She would have otherwise not known and booked a flight in a nightmare scenario Monday morning. She is flying out very early on Sunday now. Smart move to be proactive thanks to a well respected Met giving the public just a little heads up. Even if no storm occurs, weather impacts are no longer adding stress to her planning.

:lol: After the last 24 hours I'm dying laughing over here.  No holding back.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Guidance gave Freak 8-12. How did that work out.  Let us just enjoy the storm . That’s all we’re asking 

Different scale. You’re talking minute details in a marginal event that both usually result in busts. I’m talking on a hemispheric level. I’m not trolling. You turned this into me calling for a torch, I’m just saying we moderate for maybe several days at least. Maybe it’s only 40s, who knows....but the overall look is not snowy at that time. Sorry it hurts. 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Let’s cash in on these wintery times first...and worry about moderation in 10 days. 

Precisely . It’s just takes away any excitement about the upcoming snowstorms. Sort of like a Morch storm. You’re getting a foot on the 3rd and it’s sunny and 79 on the 5th. It ruins it 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There are many folks traveling this weekend. Wife’s friend is flying out on Monday. Thank goodness she saw @CT Rain mention possible storm last night and adjusted accordingly. She told me to thank him personally on here. 

Sounds like a little bullshit thrown in with truth. My daughter is flying back from KC with her family Sun 3 AM landing at BDL. She asked me. I told her don’t stress about it. You will know better Friday night. It could be raining. Have a great  time.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sounds like a little bullshit thrown in with truth. My daughter is flying back from KC with her family Sun 3 AM landing at BDL. She asked me. I told her don’t stress about it. You will know better Friday night. It could be raining. Have a great  time.

So much this

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Precisely . It’s just takes away any excitement about the upcoming snowstorms. Sort of like a Morch storm. You’re getting a foot on the 3rd and it’s sunny and 79 on the 5th. It ruins it 

What happens if it’s just cold rain on Sunday and then moderate?

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol try rescheduling a Sunday flight today. 

Thankfully she scheduled today for early Sunday departure instead of flying out on Monday morning, as she originally planned to do. Good to have all information at one’s disposal when deciding to travel. Always be pro active in life, not reactive. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thankfully she scheduled today for early Sunday departure instead of flying out on Monday morning, as she originally planned to do. Good to have all information at one’s disposal when deciding to travel. Always be pro active in life, not reactive. 

Lol and what if the timing moves up. I mean timing is always right 5 days out. That would be a proactive boo boo

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Then your daughter’s inbound is screwed. Will you wait until Friday night to tell her?

What if it rains? How much money did it cost your Friend to reschedule? How much is her time with family worth?  My daughter is an adult she will figure it out when it’s necessary. She knows how the forecasts change every day. 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Shouldn’t be concerned about anything.  Could rain, could snow, could whiff.

It will probably snow somewhere since it's a giant bowling ball on all the models. Which is why a weather forecaster can get away with saying it's something to watch this far out...because even if it's nothing in their forecast area, it will still be all over social media and TWC as a major storm for somewhere. So the risk is simply having to say the storm changed track, rather than having it completely disappear.