• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall/Early Winter 2019 Forecasts and Discussion

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Great visual...how much do you think is up on the ridge tops? 

Thanks.  My wife actually took it on her way back over the mountain, coming form Sabillasville, MD, this afternoon.   So my guess would be subjective in saying 1-2" though it really stands out due to the delineation and sticking to the trees.  A similar scene was seen in Blue Ridge Summit, PA.  From brown to winter wonderland as your topped the mountain.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Elevation dependent accums over here today...this is the eastern side of the South Mountain chain just south of the Mason Dixon.

image.png.d38593e2fff93b5350dd9f6066b5fc45.png

You’re looking at the top of Quirauk Mt (2144ft) highest point on the south mt range right above Fort Richie.  There are communication towers up there ( Site C ) which is highly gaurded like Rite R down the road( government installations )    We had the same on my side of the ridge with snow line holding around 1600ft today.   

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

You’re looking at the top of Quirauk Mt (2144ft) highest point on the south mt range right above Fort Richie.  There are communication towers up there ( Site C ) which is highly gaurded like Rite R down the road( government installations )    We had the same on my side of the ridge with snow line holding around 1600ft today.   

We go to Ft Ritchie about once a month to walk the block....good place to get away from crowds.  That and Pen Mar up the road.  Pen Mar had no snow today.  Wrong side of the hill. 

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

We go to Ft Ritchie about once a month to walk the block....good place to get away from crowds.  That and Pen Mar up the road.  Pen Mar had no snow today.  Wrong side of the hill. 

Ritchie reminds me of a great place for a horror movie.   All the abandoned buildings would make for a perfect set.  My dad worked there for 17 years before the base closed.   

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Must have gotten a little something as I see a dusting on roofs and car tops.

Nice band rolled through between 11:30 and 12:30. Had the temperature been below freezing for the duration you would have seen a little more this morning given the rates. I ended up with a solid coating which had mostly melted by morning.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam, RGEM and Euro keep advertising a coating + of snow for the LSV tonight. 

Yea I’ll take it. After our early week spike next week it looks like we might have some chances at some snow with the pattern setting up.  Definitely looks colder in the lr on some models. I’ll take nickels and dimes any day for December. It sure would better than the last couple years.  

3 hours ago, daxx said:

Yea I’ll take it. After our early week spike next week it looks like we might have some chances at some snow with the pattern setting up.  Definitely looks colder in the lr on some models. I’ll take nickels and dimes any day for December. It sure would better than the last couple years.  

And when you say nickle and dime you mean penny and nickle with snow total maps like this from the afternoon Euro....Ha.  12Z Euro kept the snow tonight as did the Rgem,   Nam dries up the stuff coming over the mountains.  I know, you do not like any snow maps :-).

image.png.3d34a4878abca369d74dd854361acf06.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

And when you say nickle and dime you mean penny and nickle with snow total maps like this from the afternoon Euro....Ha.  12Z Euro kept the snow tonight as did the Rgem,   Nam dries up the stuff coming over the mountains.  I know, you do not like any snow maps :-).

image.png.3d34a4878abca369d74dd854361acf06.png

Maybe MDT will get on the board tonight with a couple of tenths of an inch of snow tonight?