Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2019

George BM

55 minutes ago, yoda said:

Nothing apparently... ban is just for IIHF only... but 4 years is steep

The NHL took him at his word that he was innocent so they closed their investigation pretty quickly.  I get the sense that since now he's seeking assistance that is available to NHL players and has agreed to be regularly tested as part of it, that the NHL won't do anything more at this time, especially since he was pretty much guaranteed a spot on the Russian national team if he was healthy any of those 4 years, including the 2022 Olympics, and that's embarrassing enough.  But if he tests positive for something anytime in the future the NHL will drop a looooong suspension on him.

Of course, my speculation could turn out to be wrong.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Maybe? What happened? Tremor?

1 hour ago, yoda said:

I don't see anything on USGS

It was a strange wavy/jiggly feeling like adrenaline mixed with vodka and corona shaking it's way through my body... almost as if an anniversary of a wavy/jiggly event hit me.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, mappy said:

yup. you will need to delete some previous attachments to make space for new ones. have fun, its a pain as you cannot select more than one at a time to delete, and then once you do the page refreshes and takes you back to page 1 of however many. super annoying. 

Thanks. I looked into my attachments and I had used up more space than I thought. Kind of annoying that there’s such a relatively low limit, but oh well.

It’d be nice to keep all of the attachments from during interesting events, but at some point they’ll have to go. As someone who is a bit of sentimentalist, it’s a little hard to get rid of some of them, even though deep down I know I shouldn’t care. :lol:

19 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Why are all the tropical threads the worst?

thats why you stay here. 

until storm mode is declared, the main thread will be hit/miss. doesn't help that NE weenies are hoping this thing comes up the coast and hits them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mappy said:

thats why you stay here. 

until storm mode is declared, the main thread will be hit/miss. doesn't help that NE weenies are hoping this thing comes up the coast and hits them. 

After the latest Euro, this post was a bit prophetic.

5 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

After the latest Euro, this post was a bit prophetic.

nah, its just the same narrative from NE weenies every storm. they hope it comes up the coast. a run or two will give them hope, they post like crazy only for it to not hit them come game time. 

happens every year. 

On 8/28/2019 at 1:29 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

Why are all the tropical threads the worst?

tracking hurricanes in real time is dumb until they are like 48 from landfall and by then everyone's really awful to deal with. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Totally agree

D7+ snowstorms >>>>>>infinity D7+ hurricanes 

They are equal to me. Reason why is both give me 34 and rain. By the time a hurricane gets this far north it becomes cold core and makes its own cold air to drop temps.  

Main thread, as, lamentably, so often, being soured by pompous and ignorant dorks who cite their decades long experience at "tracking" as irrevocable proof that a slow moving Dorian will upwell enough water in its approach to Florida so that it will hit as at best a weak CAT 1. Never mind the best in the world in Miami, with the best tools available, now forecasting a CAT 4 landfall. But, you see, they don't have the snowflake special insight of grizzled veterans of "tracking" using NOAA weather radio and lat/long map plots back in 1979 when they were analyzing David with their state-of-the-art dart throwing. Put the blindfold on, pin the tail on Dorian, like they did with David. And Frederic. And etc.     

Not to knock David. It was a hell of a storm for the mid-Atlantic. One of my earliest weather memories, growing up in northern DE. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Main thread, as, lamentably, so often, being soured by pompous and ignorant dorks who cite their decades long experience at "tracking" as irrevocable proof that a slow moving Dorian will upwell enough water in its approach to Florida so that it will hit as at best a weak CAT 1. Never mind the best in the world in Miami, with the best tools available, now forecasting a CAT 4 landfall. But, you see, they don't have the snowflake special insight of grizzled veterans of "tracking" using NOAA weather radio and lat/long map plots back in 1979 when they were analyzing David with their state-of-the-art dart throwing. Put the blindfold on, pin the tail on Dorian, like they did with David. And Frederic. And etc.     

Not to knock David. It was a hell of a storm for the mid-Atlantic. One of my earliest weather memories, growing up in northern DE. 

again, thats why you stay here. 

• Like 1

My parents live in FL. They decided to pack up and head North to my sisters in Atlanta. While they live on the West coast this storm is being so different that for all we know it could cross the entire state and re-form over the Gulf. They did not want to wait for a mandatory evacuation and get caught in traffic. 

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Man.. all that hype in Florida for a fish storm. I bet they are breathing easier. 

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Unfortunately, that’s the way it is sometimes. Could still be a lot of impact based on how close it is. We’ll see if the threat is really shifting north or if this end up being a clean EC miss.

Storms like this make me worry about hype fatigue.  So much is made of these and getting people to stock up and prepare only for it to miss. People might not take heed next time and then we see worse things when it does hit a populated location

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic