Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was pretty damn hot.  Worst ever?  No, but I’m not sure it’s worth downplaying it.  This is about as hot and humid it gets around New England for the most part aside from the record days.

No downplaying at all, had worse and longer. Its hot.

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Trashua AWOS with an 80° dew. 

I’ll be watching MVL up here for it... we just had a 10-min downpour with a t-storm and that should give just enough low level moisture to get it close to 80 dew.  

MVL went quickly dew of 69F to now 75F and the rain is about to hit the ASOS.

Last year a similar set up got us to 78F for the Td... easier in an air mass after a departing brief shower.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Really!

I mean ...we gawk at numbers - that's what we do...  1/4 mi vis that... 24" total this... 100 that... 79 dew this...  But, these points are but the screws that hold the scaffold of societies misery together.

The real story in the hardship of heat departures comes tonight... There are lower income folk trying to service quaint means with rickety fans rattling away a half revolutions ... sprawled out in a stinking mess on their living area floors because the upstairs is bakin' bread ... Well, maybe not that bad.. .But, the erosion of patience and the toll on bodies is taken when a day like today, fades into a maddening heat sleepless night ... a night of sleep that is needed to recover - it's a vicious feedback loop.

Tomorrow is the ER day... watch. I bet incidences of heat exhaustion steps up... Typically it's the second and third days of heat waves -

Cool/cold shower before bed does wonders.

46 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well folks.. for once .. I am at a loss for words. 82/81 @bluewave@forkyfork

@Isotherm4lMRcvM.jpg

At least you'll be in the 70's soon.

EDIT:  Wow, you're 3* cooler than ORH.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mentioned coastal dew point pooling n days ago. Yawn. Did anything get above 97-98? All the hype about 100 temps and we get to 97-98. Booorriiing.

Yea, it was weak. We knew it wasn’t going to perform. I mean, it was hot and nasty for the public, they don’t care if it’s 100 or 96...but from a ‘memorable’ standpoint inside the weather circle, it fell into another run of the mill typical hot summer day. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So you’re not outside grilling in sweat but instead ordered take-out watching netflix instead? ‘get out there and go after it’ brah. 

I ran and did 3 hours of yard work between 4:45 and 11;30 today. Trimmed all bushes, shrubs, weed whack and then mowing and leaf blow cleanup. I bet you did absolutely nothing except sit in that pool with your cute family that you posted yesterday , telling them 2 days of mid - upper 80’s are their relief next week before retorch /redewux 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I can’t even imagine like a Lawrence, Mass apartment building with no A/C right now... good lord that must be tough.

Really tough for dealers to keep their drugs in a cool & dry place too.

LMAO ... hahahaha....  Oh, they got it so rough, huh -

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember this was mentioned yesterday? If there’s deaths or issues , they’ll be at night. Praying there’s none 

I heard you then ...I just don't agree.

I don't believe that time of day sees more ( statistically ...) than peak heating hours. 

Scott's trying to antagonize y'all...   pretty funny -

But, these numbers today ...they are on par with just about anything we've seen out in eastern Iowa this year so far.  I mean they may have popped a few 100's around there ...but, by and large, they've been doing the 95-99/75 thing out that way...so, I guess if we want to impugn forecasters for over stating matters... I can kind of offer a defense in that if we did not have 2 hours of missing isolation this morning, .. I mean, I dunno how anyone could have seen that. 

But.. I don't make the critical rules... so I guess they suck?   haha