• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Looks just brutal up here. Hope we can survive.

GFSX MOS (MEX)
 K1P1   GFSX MOS GUIDANCE   7/25/2019  0000 UTC                       
 FHR  24| 36  48| 60  72| 84  96|108 120|132 144|156 168|180 192      
 THU  25| FRI 26| SAT 27| SUN 28| MON 29| TUE 30| WED 31| THU 01 CLIMO
 X/N  81| 55  86| 56  83| 58  85| 62  85| 63  85| 65  75| 56  76 54 79
 TMP  71| 62  74| 62  72| 63  75| 67  75| 68  74| 68  67| 60  67      
 DPT  59| 59  63| 60  64| 62  67| 64  68| 65  67| 66  62| 58  61      
 CLD  PC| CL  CL| CL  PC| PC  PC| PC  PC| OV  PC| OV  OV| OV  OV      
 WND   3|  0   4|  0   3|  0   4|  2   5|  1   5|  4   5|  4   7      
 P12   7|  2   1|  3  10|  9  22| 27  39| 22  27| 36  44| 37  25999999
 P24    |      2|     15|     32|     46|     40|     64|     46   999
 Q12   0|  0   0|  0   0|  0   0|  0   1|  0   0|  1    |             
 Q24    |      0|      0|      0|      1|      0|       |             
 T12  12|  1   2|  1  19|  4  24| 11  29|  9  21| 17  17|  6   6      
 T24    | 12    |  2    | 19    | 34    | 36    | 27    | 17          

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I will say the radiation fog gave it a September feel this morning. I loathe losing the sunlight in the morning. 530am and clear yet it’s already starting to get a bit dark at that time. 

We had some yesterday but not so much this morning.  It's funny going down the hill from clear skies to fog and then out again.  I wish the Madis had a better picture but there were some high clouds around that obscured it.

53° here for the low.

11 hours ago, MetHerb said:

It's not like it never used to happen.

network CT_ASOS zstation BDL var dwpf dir aoa thres 75 month all year 2019 dpi 100.png

It would be interesting to see that plot...but by month. 

Again going by memory relocation which is never good...it typically wouldn't be until like very late July or August when we would see dews of that magnitude here but perhaps it's happening earlier now? (Another statement to debunk or verify I guesS). 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I will say the radiation fog gave it a September feel this morning. I loathe losing the sunlight in the morning. 530am and clear yet it’s already starting to get a bit dark at that time. 

Last night was the first night I noticed the loss of daylight, maybe it was the cool evening that triggered my brain to think fall was coming...when it is roasting at dusk, I dont care whether it is 730 or 930...

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Last night was the first night I noticed the loss of daylight, maybe it was the cool evening that triggered my brain to think fall was coming...when it is roasting at dusk, I dont care whether it is 730 or 930...

The sun set was cloudy

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been a big relief it’s been nothing like last summer wrt dews and rain....and now the step down clock is ticking. 

I am thankful for AC when it is needed, but I prefer to have the windows open as much as possible...keep the windows shut in the winter!

Yeah ... as July ages toward August, and then August becomes September and on and so one, daylight dwindles.  Remarkably perceptive group.  But I find it interesting that there is a dichotomy there.   Many of the same individuals ( that spend too much time in this social media ) ... wish the summer time away at the same time they seem to wanna commiserate the loss of the sun.  

Long live summer and coc days

the power of positive thinking is strong but living in the CP , it’s challenging to look forward to winter when there is a good 10-20 rain storms and it seems we are always chasing some mythical wire to wire season . Our biggest snow year in Boston happened in a year when half the winter was horrible, maybe 1 in 4 winters is good  for me in Nashua and maybe 1 in 10 great . I need a weekend time share in elevated NNE to have any confidence in a enjoyable winter

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Long live summer and coc days

the power of positive thinking is strong but living in the CP , it’s challenging to look forward to winter when there is a good 10-20 rain storms and it seems we are always chasing some mythical wire to wire season . Our biggest snow year in Boston happened in a year when half the winter was horrible, maybe 1 in 4 winters is good  for me in Nashua and maybe 1 in 10 great . I need a weekend time share in elevated NNE to have any confidence in a enjoyable winter

Stowe.  Timeshares in general suck.

11 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's the wave lengths and also strength of the polar jet in winter. The temp gradients increase dramatically in winter so if you end up on a certain side of the PJ for an anomalously long period, then your departure is going to be huge. In summer, everything is more diffuse with weaker temp gradients so it's hard to rack up massive anomalous airmass residence time. 

How much does the far greater atmospheric moisture affect departures?  Air at TD 70 must have about 10 times the water vapor as at TD zero.

Low in the 40s this AM, only the 3rd such minimum this month.  21-year average is 7, which includes 5 mornings sub-40, none since 2007.

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Low in the 40s this AM, only the 3rd such minimum this month.  21-year average is 7, which includes 5 mornings sub-40, none since 2007.

No 40s here... fogged out at 51F last night.  

Only 3 mins in the 40s this month here too (lowest 43F), and a bunch of 50-53F type mornings.  

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ... as July ages toward August, and then August becomes September and on and so one, daylight dwindles.  Remarkably perceptive group.  But I find it interesting that there is a dichotomy there.   Many of the same individuals ( that spend too much time in this social media ) ... 

Kettle black?