Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

From 2009-2013 before I had A/C my room in the summer would be 95-99. Sure it sucked to sleep but that is true summer. That's why I can tolerate the heat more than most. IMO, subjecting your body to crazy temperature swings and frequently is not good for the immune system. Going from outside to A/C then back to outside and so forth...not good. It drives me nuts when you go inside places and the A/C is cranking to make it feel like a fridge.

Nothing worse then going to an indoor establishment to escape the heat and it’s stale warm muggy air. No one wants to dine or sip on a cocktail and sweat. 

Matt Noyes and Danielle Niles have a weekend house and it's adjacent to our property.  Really nice people.  Visited with them today and we watched the Women's soccer game together.  For them it's nice that they always know what is going on at their house since they can check into my weather site.  They can go unnoticed up here since we are not in the Boston TV market so few people know who they are.  

High of 76 with dews in the low 50's nice breeze and clear skies is perfect for me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

For those keeping track, we've lost 9 minutes of daylight since the solstice, and beginning tomorrow we're losing more than a minute/day.

Tick, tick, tick.

Most of that daylight was at dawn/sunrise.  For me the latest sunsets are 832pm.  Starting yesterday it was 831pm and like you said the daylight loss really starts picking up this week.  I begin to notice it very late in July/early August

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dropping like a rock... into the 50s by 9pm is the sign of a true low dew air mass.

Getting too chilly to have all the sliding doors open, but sleeping will be great tonight.  No sheets stuck to the balls.

Leaves starting to turn? How we pray.

Still looks like the bigger continental numbers suppress south of NYC. 

Tho the operational patterns hint there is modulation lurking... 

The teles are entering their perennial futility .. but I'm still interested in the apparent 0ing of the anomalies. Relaxing and nebularity may follow. There's more chance for big heat in that sort of complexion ... continental ridging growth in less interference aka 1995  

Despite all ... machine still gets close to 90 three days this week. Warmer than normal.  

Could get the remnants of whatever forms.. some models get close.. maybe one wash out day after next weekend

Saturday onward ...

Additional wet weather or an eye on tropical activity from the Gulf
of Mexico? Low confidence forecast. Find that forecast solutions and
ensemble members are struggling to come to consensus. Will hint at
the possibility with low chance PoPs, keep with seasonable weather

Lost 20 degrees in the past 3-4 hours... down to 51F taking the dog out before bed.   Hard to believe ORH is still 71F at 11pm in this air mass, even if they are staying mixed.

Should have no problem getting decently into the 40s at this pace.  Crazy part is the higher elevations are still reading in the low 60s on some PWS.  

Time to enjoy this perfect sleeping weather.  

9799DD36-C824-4C0F-AB52-6D6BBFDC7D93.thumb.jpeg.27faf5905bbfc2e17b1a446e909010ba.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Dropping like a rock... into the 50s by 9pm is the sign of a true low dew air mass.

Getting too chilly to have all the sliding doors open, but sleeping will be great tonight.  No sheets stuck to the balls.

Yeah, been doing the same thing, closed some of the doors and windows, leaving others open to tweak the temperature as needed.  It’s hard to complain when you’re able regulate evening house temperatures this way as we approach the hottest part of the year.

• Like 1