Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

An airmass like this in July is such a New England thing, why we live here and some summer here. Escaping the HHH of major cities is a thing.

Was actually chilly this morning in the house with the window fans.  Almost dipped into the 40s but alas, a min of 50F.

Invigorating after the heat and humidity. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t get much better than this:

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/... The cold front has finally passed to the south of the area, with lower dew points now advecting in as high pressure builds to the north. Expect temperatures to return closer to, if not a few degrees below, climatological normals, with a marked decrease in humidity as well. High temperatures will be in the upper 70s and lower 80s.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:14 AM, Ginx snewx said:

Cocadoodledewless.  We COC in July at low mid 80s over anything under 60. Litmus test is 3 ways, you can see forever, you instantly cool coming out of the water,  you are much cooler in any type of shade.  Kevin has his definition

Men in suits will be around this week, just sayin

Cocafriggindoodledewlessness

74/58 no relief in sight?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Raise your hand if you'd rather have yesterday's weather. One lonely bald man in the corner with his hand up...

I was about to raise my hand because I loved yesterday.   But who can criticize today?  Do abstentions count?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

I was about to raise my hand because I loved yesterday.   But who can criticize today?  Do abstentions count?

It's really about warm exuberance actually causing some folks anguish... It's innate to them, and it's not even about physical discomfort, either. 

Warm temperatures along with the increased light times of year triggers endorphins in the majority, but actually has the opposite impact on some psyches.  It's called -S.A.D. ..yes, that's "negative S.A.D."

...Little known, but there is a minority that suffers a veritable opposite effectiveness of 'winter blues,' ... They fight the same sort of dysfunctional tendencies, but their trigger is the relative warmth and high sun times of the year.  It's true...look it up.  And when you read of it ... it will remind you of a lot ;)

I mean, it's harmless ultimately...  If this were all society had to ever worry about ... which side of + or - .S.A.D. we all reside, we'd be doing pretty good.  Seeing as society is not going to survive another 100 years before some multi-faceted cocktail apocalypse forces an inevitable population correction ... ( whether we choose to do so, or not ), obviously we've got much bigger problems.  Ha!  "Sadly..."

I just find it ironic in a kind of 'holistic' sense. 

We keep hearing and reading UNfake news about these morbid heat waves.  These headlines and various media spots could be sensationalized ...some, sure.  However, they are being substantiated with empirical record breaking this, and/or other geographic "land dysmorphia" that ... do directly to high heat and hydro, with much more frequency all over the world than is being measured/observed, or endured, in the United States. 

Why the 'irony' of that :  Oour limb of the Industrialized globe is 2nd only to China ... in Anthropogenic green-housing/carbon foot-print.  It's like we are being protected somehow by dumb luck from the ad nauseam of our own toxic existence.  It seems Nature has no sense of poetic justice... 

Or, muah hahahaha... Maybe this is part of the plan? 

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

You like days like yesterday more than today? U nuts

I've noticed a lot more people outside today doing things than the past 3 days.   Days like today are ideal for people to get outside.  As you know people want to get outside and enjoy the weather without sweating their a** off.  Amazing how a few individuals  want to hibernate indoors while  sitting in front of a  window AC unit that was installed in Feb.  The only thing those few individuals  need to have "installed" is some intelligence and common sense. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

89/63 inside. Borderline COC for some here.

From 2009-2013 before I had A/C my room in the summer would be 95-99. Sure it sucked to sleep but that is true summer. That's why I can tolerate the heat more than most. IMO, subjecting your body to crazy temperature swings and frequently is not good for the immune system. Going from outside to A/C then back to outside and so forth...not good. It drives me nuts when you go inside places and the A/C is cranking to make it feel like a fridge.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

From 2009-2013 before I had A/C my room in the summer would be 95-99. Sure it sucked to sleep but that is true summer. That's why I can tolerate the heat more than most. IMO, subjecting your body to crazy temperature swings and frequently is not good for the immune system. Going from outside to A/C then back to outside and so forth...not good. It drives me nuts when you go inside places and the A/C is cranking to make it feel like a fridge.

You also have a BMI of 10.

• Haha 3