• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Kind of sad to be noticeably losing light.   

So many hypocrites on this bb.  Who amongst you won’t extoll the deep winter days of snow cover, deep blue skies, and temperatures well below freezing.  Do you think that’s comfortable?   Do you enjoy the super dry skin cracking indoor heat?   Yet many of the same folks make fun of us who enjoy the warm season HHH.   

I happen to marvel at both phenomena and love wx extremes cold and hot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So many hypocrites on this bb.  Who amongst you won’t extoll the deep winter days of snow cover, deep blue skies, and temperatures well below freezing.  Do you think that’s comfortable?   Do you enjoy the super dry skin cracking indoor heat?   Yet many of the same folks make fun of us who enjoy the warm season HHH.   

Post of the year. Thanks for bringing reality to this place. Enjoy the upcoming heatwave Jerry!

28 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We only lost 8-10 minutes depending on where you live, 95% of that in the morning.

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You can always layer up but can only layer down so much before getting arrested and bent over by little Bob at county. Also, buy my wife’s homeopathic lotion line, you won’t have to worry about dry skin in winter anymore...AND you’ll look younger in the process. 

Your point is silly though. There is no hypocrisy. People like what they like. Some prefer winter, some prefer summer, some like both, some like severe some don’t....but anyone who doesn’t enjoy ‘nice and comfortable’ weather in July is just trolling, we know that. 

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

We only lost 8-10 minutes depending on where you live, 95% of that in the morning.

Yes and that loss of morning light was evident to me today for the first time.  Maybe because this is the first time I’m up this early since last Tuesday...

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

6 of your next 10 days are in the 90’s lol. The summer you dread part deux minus the rains is upon us . Hunker in 

Are you still calling for 60 days of mostly 90s and no dewpoints under 60?

It definitely looks like an AN stretch heading into peak climo.  I don't know if it's as much dread as having a preference.  Kind of like having a preference to installing air conditioners in April so you're not doing it on a hot day or choosing to do outdoor chores yesterday as opposed to Saturday.  Some people preferred doing them on Saturday and some people preferred Sunday.  I don't think the Sunday people "dreaded" Saturday though. 

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

6 of your next 10 days are in the 90’s lol. The summer you dread part deux minus the rains is upon us . Hunker in 

I’m not touching 90 any day this week or weekend. You in the heated valley, sure. Heatwaves are widespread 95+ anyway so there are zero heatwaves upcoming, zero....point....zero.

It will be fairly warm to hot going forward after tomorrow. Maybe not 90, but lots of U80s to lower 90s in spots. More true HHH comes next week. I think we'll have some cool downs, but it looks pretty darn summery. Time to install the downstairs A/C. Beautiful morning right now though.

49 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Are you still calling for 60 days of mostly 90s and no dewpoints under 60?

It definitely looks like an AN stretch heading into peak climo.  I don't know if it's as much dread as having a preference.  Kind of like having a preference to installing air conditioners in April so you're not doing it on a hot day or choosing to do outdoor chores yesterday as opposed to Saturday.  Some people preferred doing them on Saturday and some people preferred Sunday.  I don't think the Sunday people "dreaded" Saturday though. 

Just calling for a lot of 90’s and high dews . It’s basically a repeat of last summer just not the rains we had . It’s just our new climate regime for summers . 

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just calling for a lot of 90’s and high dews . It’s basically a repeat of last summer just not the rains we had . It’s just our new climate regime for summers . 

I take it you mean BDL?  I've yet to hit 90°...

I remember after a couple of warm March's you declared it was the new climate regime and that folks should get used to it.  5 of my coldest March's have occurred since then.

• Haha 2