• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

May Discobs 2019

Looking at reports around the area I was surprised to find 1.51” in the rain gauge at 7am. About .20” since.

The creek is as high as I have seen it this year so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My cloverfield needs mowing. Too wet. Mosquitos have begun to emerge. Need a dry period to spray. Pollen is glopped all over my jeep, but futile to wash it until we get a few dry days.

This event has not produced much here yet, not that I am complaining. Just over a quarter inch so far.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

My cloverfield needs mowing. Too wet. Mosquitos have begun to emerge. Need a dry period to spray. Pollen is glopped all over my jeep, but futile to wash it until we get a few dry days.

This event has not produced much here yet, not that I am complaining. Just over a quarter inch so far.

Same here despite the favorable jet region, and high PWAT not really impressive.  

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just what we needed - a pouring soaking rain. Things were so dry...

We are ahead of last year at this time in terms of rainfall and moisture.

I hate to think about the dews in June to early Sept. ugh ! 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

Just what we needed - a pouring soaking rain. Things were so dry...

April was below normal precip at BWI

7 minutes ago, frd said:

Same here despite the favorable jet region, and high PWAT not really impressive.  

Yeah this event has been weak sauce here. Hopefully it moves its ass out of here quickly so I can get outside and get something done this afternoon.

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

April was below normal precip at BWI

Right. I was clearly referring to just April. Everything remains historically wet from the previous 16 months up my way. If it didn’t rain much for two months that would be fine by me.

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah this event has been weak sauce here. Hopefully it moves its ass out of here quickly so I can get outside and get something done this afternoon.

Back edge on the move , expect some hard downpours as this baby pulls away. 

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Right. I was clearly referring to just April. Everything remains historically wet from the previous 16 months up my way. If it didn’t rain much for two months that would be fine by me.

Soil moisture super high I would bet, looking at the next 7 days to our South and West. 

p168i.gif?1557067465

You could wager May is going to be normal temp wise, and above with precip.

The - NAO a beast right now, with another possible down cycle and the AO looks to stay negative for a while. Crazy....

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

...Mosquitos have begun to emerge. Need a dry period to spray....

What do you recommend spraying with? (Briefly,  without getting too off track)

0.76" since midnight here.

0.29" yesterday

2.79" so far today.

I drove to Martinsburg for church this morning and there was running water everywhere, with large parts of the back roads underwater.

25 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

What do you recommend spraying with? (Briefly,  without getting too off track)

0.76" since midnight here.

If you mean the chemical, Malathion(Bonide). Instant kill and somewhat more selective than other insecticides- wont kill bees etc. as long you dont spray directly on flowering plants. It does not leave a long lasting residual, but the objective is to kill every adult you can NOW and stunt the next cycle. Just be sure it doesn't rain for a few days for best results.

I have a backpack sprayer with a 2-cycle engine. You can use a pump-up garden sprayer if you don't have a lot of vegetation to spray. I am in the woods so I need serious hardware lol.

2.41" so far. Some minor flooding around the area. d40faffe45fd7abef84f81ea947a1a27.jpg1b21d79fd030f4157dc79dbfede20d8d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

...I have a backpack sprayer with a 2-cycle engine.....

Oh wow, cool.

I did mean the chem though. Sounds effective.

Looks like about 1" in the normal gauge here so far. The electric Davis is stuck with a pollen/crud clog again.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

0.94" here.

Stopped for now, but looks like some scattered showers will move back in shortly.

Solid shield of rain moving in . I bet its 9 or 10 PM before it backs off.  My Vp2 is clogged so not sure total but creeks are pretty high here 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Solid shield of rain moving in . I bet its 9 or 10 PM before it backs off.  My Vp2 is clogged so not sure total but creeks are pretty high here 

Yeah it has really filled in nicely on radar compared to when I made that post. At least there was a break so I got out for an hour to pull weeds. Easy when the soil is saturated. :D

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah it has really filled in nicely on radar compared to when I made that post. At least there was a break so I got out for an hour to pull weeds. Easy when the soil is saturated. :D

That's dedication right there.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That's dedication right there.

Not really lol. I have plenty of weeds and its futile to try to control them. They grow prolifically. 

I just have "certain places" I don't want them. Driveway, mulched areas, etc.

Burned 2 houses down in Carroll County today for training.  It was so damp we had a hard time getting things to take. Wasnt heavy rain but just steady and it stink bigly.

55 here and pouring.

Considering I had less than a tenth of an inch of rain for this event when I woke up early this am, the 1.15" currently is pretty impressive. It is also enough. Ready for it to end.

eta- looks like the total will be 1.4"

9 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Looks like about 1.9" since midnight.  That puts me up to about 4" since Friday afternoon.

I guess that means you can take the cactus out of your avatar :lol:

• Haha 1