• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GCWarrior
    Newest Member
    GCWarrior

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

The configuration of the gulf stream is weird as it juts northeast from the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  It makes sense Dorian would intensify in that pocket was southeast of the benchmark, but closer to the benchmark it would weaken as the SSTs are cooler closer to ACK.

Baroclinic assist up here with the interaction with the trough most likely.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

A lot of the Euro ensembles were that low this morning. Quite possible with an injection of baroclinic juice.

Dorian stays fully tropical at that time he is down to 934mb

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's intensifying because it will be transitioning to ET as it passes our latitude,

Not with the wind field like the models are showing, the strongest winds are near his center, indicative of a tropical cyclone.

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Keep him away, a monster with Dorian's track record is not a storm I want to mess with or take any chances with, I would take on Bob any day of the week, not a storm with Dorian's history, sorry, go away the big storm.  We don't want you, I want to watch the Patriots win.

They’ll just move the game to Pittsburgh j/k

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Keep him away, a monster with Dorian's track record is not a storm I want to mess with or take any chances with, I would take on Bob any day of the week, not a storm with Dorian's history, sorry, go away the big storm.  We don't want you, I want to watch the Patriots win.

get a battery powered radio lol

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Don't worry, Gov Baker will have the electric company trucks parked outside of your home by noon tomorrow at the latest. Perhaps the Buffalo Bills will send the Electric Company to your home!

6 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Congrats on an oak tree on your service lines.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

They’ll just move the game to Pittsburgh j/k

No they won't move the game, the storm is on Saturday morning, the game is Sunday night, I am talking about losing power, that is not something I want.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

HAHA

C'mon James...you know you want that 934mb bad-ass making a visit to the Cape....just think of how much material you'd have for the Dawn Awakening....it'd be a Non Fiction best seller for you pal. 

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

No they won't move the game, the storm is on Saturday morning, the game is Sunday night, I am talking about losing power, that is not something I want.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

C'mon James...you know you want that 934mb bad-ass making a visit to the Cape....just think of how much material you'd have for the Dawn Awakening....it'd be a Non Fiction best seller for you pal. 

The future radar even depicts Dorian in Steeler colors......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Hopefully this storm trends west

The weather has been boring up here

If this were January, you know a certain someone would be in here saying it was a certainty. Latent heat release pumping the heights, WAR flexing, +PNA straight to Alaska and so on 

• Haha 2

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Jimmy....But what if you watch the Patties loose AND you miss out on weather history? 

I have gained a new perspective on life.  I am never wishing for disaster after the 200-yard wide five-mile touchdown of the EF-1 tornado we witnessed on July 23rd, 2019.  I saw our outside furniture fly around in the backyard and our tall trees bend all the way over in the wind that had to be at least 110mph.  It was an amazingly horrifying experience.  I can't imagine what a 934mb hurricane would do to our area for a few hours.  Dorian appears to be tightening up once again.  He is developing very cold cloud tops in the eyewall.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The new James is like Bizzaro world.  

In the main Dorian thread you were very cool headed and held your own.  Congrats. 

It will be a nothing burger here but east could be interesting 

He lost power for a day and couldn’t play video games last tornado so he is the anti Bruce Shwoeglar now