Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner

SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2019

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jerry will fish. We'll have to wait.

I think that’s the likely outcome but it may be a bit too early to be definitive, especially if the low level center reforms to the SW under the deeper convection. 

At any rate we look active through at least early October. Not sure what some folks here in New England are looking for lol. 

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Took this screen grab from a video from Great Abaco of the stadium effect from Dorian.  Perfectly cleared out eye.  Would have loved to get a drone up and have a full look around.  It was perfectly calm in the video

Dorian eye 2.jpg

Incredible. Between Michael and Dorian, it's been an impressive year for stadium effect footage. May I ask where I can find the source of this video? 

It's interesting how some years ... maybe 1954 and the like, it's so easy to cinema an event on the EC ... it probably even seemed that way during those seasons.  Like, 'normal' or something. 

But this year?  Sprayin' 'em out of the tropics yet you can feel safe and secure in the notion, even complacent, that God would actually fail if he wanted to make that movie -

• Like 1

that if the trough Jerry . i say like a bowling ball sooner later you will get one up the east coast . i still say watch this one big time and their another one behind it on ecwmf model from today runs. number two they all went through bahamas this year .

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

just epic surf forecasted for Friday for Massachusetts 7 ft at 14 seconds. West wind at 5 knots.  Don't see many days like that ever. 

Yes but 7feet 14 seconds @ what direction 

ESE will screw Boston south due to Cape Shadowing 

plum island and N shore will have tbe goods

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Be there or be square

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

East. Long period swells have the ability to bend and refract some areas will be bigger or smaller then expected. Really comes down to local knowledge in regards to what areas will and will not see bigger waves. If I were up in NE I would be looking for points.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

East. Long period swells have the ability to bend and refract some areas will be bigger or smaller then expected. Really comes down to local knowledge in regards to what areas will and will not see bigger waves. If I were up in NE I would be looking for points.

Can you point me to one? I promise I won't panic.

20190907_085801.jpg

1 hour ago, Modfan said:

My rooftop view on Hutchinson Island in Port St Lucie day after Dorian passed; amazing how calm the ocean had become.

20190904_121231_HDR-1.jpg

Im familiar w the Ederman cam^^

was down for Dorian in Palm beach on Tuesday. That was the day ...Barrels . Was at Red Reef park.

Steve that looks like point Judith 

I liked this spot just north of Nahant beach couple saturdays ago and it’s close so it is either there or Plum Island.

9 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Is it safe to assume that disturbance just off of Africa which has about a 70% chance to develop will also become a fish due to  developing too soon?

Mm... not necessarily ? 

Typically ... cyclones that remain weaker, are shallower systems ( structurally in the troposphere ) and can ... "evade" early steering so to speak. But, there have been plenty of systems that make the trek and dodged weaknesses in the ridging, too.  

Ideally what we want so see happen as hurricane enthusiasts is not to have 2019's hurricane season - 

19 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im familiar w the Ederman cam^^

was down for Dorian in Palm beach on Tuesday. That was the day ...Barrels . Was at Red Reef park.

Steve that looks like point Judith 

I liked this spot just north of Nahant beach couple saturdays ago and it’s close so it is either there or Plum Island.

Point Panic Weekapaug RI

4 hours ago, Snow88 said:

We have no luck up here

For what......no power for a week and you in full uniform?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Karen’s coming 

It has the big west hook but right now its modeled to go west into Florida.