• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

Came down I-90 thru the heart of the WWA this morning and never saw a cat-paw ... 

37 38 the whole way...  Looking at rad sequencing from NCAR it doesn't appear the heavier fall rates materialized far enough inland to collocate with the better marignal atmosphere/elevation and gunk... so, white rain perhaps in some of those deformation bands over the SE zones otherwise... lets see if we do indeed clear and soar to 58 by mid afternoon. 

Friday looks like two different worlds in the Euro vs the GFS... 

Haven't been paying too close attention - in April... I need more arm twisting then carpet surfing for crack-snow grains to tune in ..  But, the grainier free charts at PSU don't "look" anything like the GFS' previous or current overrunning cold type chances...  Just sayn'   The Euro's shown some fallibility ..at least hinted over the last year and we've seen it correct toward the GFS parallel run recently, too. hm

One thing I am a little more curious about is the time period circa the 10th through about the 16th ... The American-based teleconnections still hammering a -NAO (fwiw).  This is manifesting across the various GEF members ...occasionally suppressing storm tracks.  Maybe something can emerge in that time frame.. But we are correcting by sun's power ... and that daily increase can 'emerge' forcing in time .. so we'll see which is which ... You'd think the models are physically bearing the irradiance quota/differential diabatic heating in mind but either way... the poorer scoring that occurs at this time of year for all available evidences ... appears related to the changing sun.

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was thinking a sloppy inch...maybe 2" if I got lucky, in my neck o the wilderness... 1000+' ASL in N ORH county usually helps.  But alas...that was not to be.  Now, lets dry this out and turn to lawns and back doors.

Roy has sung his song.

Not over for you