• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
Danajames

February 19-21, 2019 storm threat

Jeez it’s gonna be melt down city up in my forum, good thing I’m in Florida this week.  Amazing how guidance just destroys the shortwave as it advances up across PA.  I’m inclined to think that won’t weaken as fast as models currently show so I wouldnt feel too bad for northern folks in this forum up in SE PA.   You may see this trend higher on QPF over the next 48 hours in those zones 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sparky said:

If you are talking about 12/8/13 it was rather cold.  My recorded high was 27 and low was 23.  8.75" of snow that day followed by another 4.25" on 12/10 and 2.25" on 12/14.

Temperature wise I was exactly the same that Sunday.  It was 27 when the first flakes started.  Temp dropped to 23 during the snow. I got 7.5 from that storm but did better a little better than you on the storm 2 days later where I recorded 5.5. 

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Jeez it’s gonna be melt down city up in my forum, good thing I’m in Florida this week.  Amazing how guidance just destroys the shortwave as it advances up across PA.  I’m inclined to think that won’t weaken as fast as models currently show so I wouldnt feel too bad for northern folks in this forum up in SE PA.   You may see this trend higher on QPF over the next 48 hours in those zones 

I’m all for northern zones cashing in, as long as y’all don’t take our snow from us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighStakes said:

Temperature wise I was exactly the same that Sunday.  It was 27 when the first flakes started.  Temp dropped to 23 during the snow. I got 7.5 from that storm but did better a little better than you on the storm 2 days later where I recorded 5.5. 

Even down at sea level I got 6.0 on the 8th, then 2.5 on the 10th. I’m all for a 12/8/13 repeat.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Very similar to the Euro in that it keeps Winchester and Martinsburg below freezing at 850 throughout. Pure snow and sleet storm for our area. 

Not to mention a QPF BOMB for your area 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T. August said:

Even down at sea level I got 6.0 on the 8th, then 2.5 on the 10th. I’m all for a 12/8/13 repeat.

No doubt. This was the storm where the ravens and eagles had home games. The rates in philly were sick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Not to mention a QPF BOMB for your area 

Yep. Looks like a Martinsburg/Hagerstown jack this run. But it is nice to see just about everyone in our subforum get in on the action.

• Like 2

Just now, HighStakes said:

No doubt. This was the storm where the ravens and eagles had home games. The rates in philly were sick.

I think Wilmington ended up with 11” lmao

21 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

It's not an official storm until we see a NAM panel look like this. Wow. Spectacular returns here.

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_45.png

At the very least...I do hope it's right with pushing the heavy steps southeast a bit! 

4 minutes ago, Interstate said:

And now the NAM is everyone’s favorite model. Lol

This is my favorite :weenie: panel from the 00Z run.  6" already on my yard, heavy snow falling, heavy sleet a few hours away and look at the sub-25 degree pocket wedged over top of me !  Lol @ hr 66 NAM.

image.thumb.png.3244a59e0bd9a2cb2e69b32966ad820f.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Same here. My yard picked up 3" in the span of 45 minutes. Visibility was just over 1/10 of a mile.

• Like 2