Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor
Danajames

February 19-21, 2019 storm threat

3 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

The icon though...

The ICON has a wicked death band through Central MD. That's as far out as I can see but it definitely looks like it's going to change quicker than the NAM.

Just keep extending that snow window longer and longer with each run as we get closer in time and keep driving in that cold.

• Like 1

Just now, HighStakes said:

What did get in last march's storm?

8.5", with 2.5" from round 1 and 6" from round 2.

IMO it will take a lot of luck to exceed that total, but this one might have better rates depending on how it turns out.

• Like 1

ICON has temps in the mid to upper 20’s at onset and never going above freezing throughout the event.  Heavy snow to sleet verbatim and tons of qpf.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LP08 said:

ICON has temps in the mid to upper 20’s at onset and never going above freezing throughout the event.  Heavy snow to sleet verbatim and tons of qpf.

Hr 69 is what though?  Heavy sleet?

Just now, yoda said:

Would be my guess.  Click back to 12z Friday on the icon.  Incredible consistency.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Just checked weather models.  850’s are borderline if not above zero but unfortunately I don’t have any other levels.  I’d imagine there is a warm tongue an hour or two before that that will flip us higher up through the column.  Surface is still in the 20’s so let’s hope it’s sleet.

Legitimately, has anyone heard from Bob Chill in days? I'm not in here all the time but the last few times I've checked he's nowhere to be seen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve25 said:

Legitimately, has anyone heard from Bob Chill in days? I'm not in here all the time but the last few times I've checked he's nowhere to be seen. 

He is fine. 

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

i wouldn't be surprised if bob shows up for the obs thread with this storm. assuming its mostly positive. i miss his posts. sucks the constant negativity on this board pushed him away

I think the discussion tonight has been pretty nice, and not overly negative. Funny what an actual threat does to the morale of the board.

• Like 4

Just now, snjókoma said:

I think the discussion tonight has been pretty nice, and not overly negative. Funny what an actual threat does to the morale of the board.

yeah its been nice tonight. not a lot to complain about. its when snow becomes life or death is when it gets bad

• Like 2